The XFL draft will be run via a teleconference call connecting all eight XFL franchises. Results will be posted on XFL.com, @xfl2020 on Twitter, @xfl on Instagram, and through the social media channels of the eight XFL teams.
Starting at 10 AM Eastern, each of the eight XFL teams will first be assigned a quarterback.
Then the draft will begin with selections of players from a list, currently comprised of 975 previously announced players. In each phase of the draft, teams will only be allowed to select players according to their position.
- Skill Player: (Tue 15 Oct) (10 rounds) – Quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers and tight ends.
- Offensive Line: (Tue 15 Oct) (10 rounds) – Tackles, guards and centers.
- Defensive Front Seven: (Tue 15 Oct) (10 rounds) – Defensive line and linebackers.
- Defensive Backfield: (Wed 16 Oct) (10 rounds) – Cornerbacks and safeties.
- Open Draft: (Wed 16 Oct) (30 rounds) – Punters, Kickers, Long Snappers, and all remaining players.
The pick order will vary for each phase of the draft:
How to follow the XFL draft?
As pointed out above, as-they-happen picks will be posted on XFL.com, @xfl2020 on Twitter, @xfl on Instagram, and through the social media channels of the eight XFL teams. There will also be live studio updates in ESPN SportsCenter throughout the day.
Look to XFLBoard.com for draft day discussion, breaking draft news, and updates of the draft list and team rosters via our XFL DRAFT TRACKER . You will be able to see updated rosters as each XFL team builds their squad.