Anthony Johnson Traded to Defenders

XFL Football discussion.
Post Reply
ethanyeary
Kicker
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:32 pm

Anthony Johnson Traded to Defenders

Post by ethanyeary » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:09 pm

https://twitter.com/XFLKonnor/status/12 ... 9955818497
Anthony Johnson has been traded to the Defenders for Bradley Sylve. This is a big trade for both teams with the Defenders getting a dominant pass rusher and the Wildcats getting something for a player who did not want to play there anymore after the firing of Pepper Johnson. In week 1 Johnson posted 2 tackles and Sylve did not have any tackles but had a pick six and a pass defensed in week 1.

MGB01
Coach
Posts: 544
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:42 pm

Re: Anthony Johnson Traded to Defenders

Post by MGB01 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:12 pm

Be pretty damn interesting if it's Cats/Defenders in the CG considering they've made now two big trades with each other.

4th&long
Quarterback
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:27 pm

Re: Anthony Johnson Traded to Defenders

Post by 4th&long » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:50 pm

ethanyeary wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:09 pm
https://twitter.com/XFLKonnor/status/12 ... 9955818497
Anthony Johnson has been traded to the Defenders for Bradley Sylve. This is a big trade for both teams with the Defenders getting a dominant pass rusher and the Wildcats getting something for a player who did not want to play there anymore after the firing of Pepper Johnson. In week 1 Johnson posted 2 tackles and Sylve did not have any tackles but had a pick six and a pass defensed in week 1.
Good - Johnson may have sided with Pepper and Winston clear him out - but he's still a good, and the right kind of XFL player the league wants talent wise, and now LA gets something for him, looks like Win-WIn

{EDIT]
ProFootball Talk picked it up
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... fl-season/

>> That is, in the XFL, a big trade, as both players were important parts of their defenses: Sylve had the first pick-six in XFL history last week to help the Defenders win their opener, while Johnson was a team captain in Los Angeles. Johnson indicated on Twitter that he no longer wanted to play for the Wildcats after they fired defensive coordinator Pepper Johnson.

Johnson played his college football at LSU and has played 22 NFL games, for the Colts, Jets, Patriots and Dolphins. Sylve played at Alabama and has spent time with the Bills and Saints but never played in an NFL game. <<

User avatar
XtremeFanForever
Quarterback
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:37 am
Location: Vegas

Re: Anthony Johnson Traded to Defenders

Post by XtremeFanForever » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:31 pm

Nice that we were allowed to trade him after that fiasco. Sylve actually gives us a halfway decent secondary. Dunlap is out this week and was our weakest link against Houston.
Spruuuuuuuce

RIP Xtreme; forever champions

User avatar
MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 2133
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: Anthony Johnson Traded to Defenders

Post by MikeMitchell » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:15 am

It’s great that LA got something of value in return for Johnson. The Wildcats also addressed a position of need at corner.

This is not the first time that a player in the XFL has dictated where they wanted to go or engineered an exit to their liking.

User avatar
Andibald
Head Coach
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:38 pm

Re: Anthony Johnson Traded to Defenders

Post by Andibald » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:11 am

MikeMitchell wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:15 am
It’s great that LA got something of value in return for Johnson. The Wildcats also addressed a position of need at corner.

This is not the first time that a player in the XFL has dictated where they wanted to go or engineered an exit to their liking.
If both teams benefit, it's not too bad but hopefully, they are few and far between.

SJ Green might be doing the same, trying to get to Tampa, possibly after they play the Dragons (Tank55 speculation). Or, maybe he doesn't want to play against the Vipers until the XFL Championship, so he will report to Seattle on Monday. As a Dragon fan, I want him to play for Seattle but if he doesn't, they better get something in return (assuming the initial but now scrubbed 2-10-20 transaction report was accurate).
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion will have at least two losses ;)

BengalErnst
Running Back
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:10 pm

Re: Anthony Johnson Traded to Defenders

Post by BengalErnst » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:19 am

Andibald wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:11 am
MikeMitchell wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:15 am
It’s great that LA got something of value in return for Johnson. The Wildcats also addressed a position of need at corner.

This is not the first time that a player in the XFL has dictated where they wanted to go or engineered an exit to their liking.
If both teams benefit, it's not too bad but hopefully, they are few and far between.

SJ Green might be doing the same, trying to get to Tampa, possibly after they play the Dragons (Tank55 speculation). Or, maybe he doesn't want to play against the Vipers until the XFL Championship, so he will report to Seattle on Monday. As a Dragon fan, I want him to play for Seattle but if he doesn't, they better get something in return (assuming the initial but now scrubbed 2-10-20 transaction report was accurate).
What’s the story here? So SJ Green isn’t on the Dragons roster? Is he not in the XFL officially now?

User avatar
Andibald
Head Coach
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:38 pm

Re: Anthony Johnson Traded to Defenders

Post by Andibald » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:42 am

BengalErnst wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:19 am
What’s the story here? So SJ Green isn’t on the Dragons roster? Is he not in the XFL officially now?
He was on the transaction list as of 2-10-20 assigned to the Dragons. He disappeared from that list the next day. No mention on Seattle social media and nothing during the Jim Zorn show with John Clayton.

From Twitter:

https://twitter.com/XFLKonnor/status/ ... 25120?s=20

Konnor Fulk
@XFLKonnor
Ok, I'm going to share a couple observations with you all that may or may not mean something:

1) SJ Green is no longer listed on the transaction list

2) I have multiple sources confirming he still hasn't been in the building

Has his signing fallen through? Getting suspicious.
9:49 PM · Feb 13, 2020·Twitter Web App
8
Retweets
44
Likes
Konnor Fulk
@XFLKonnor
·
Feb 13
Replying to
@XFLKonnor
Could it just be a glitch on the Transaction page? Sure.

Could he just be taking a little bit longer to move to his new home? Sure.

But it's absolutely worth pointing out.

At the very least, with him not being at practice, it's very unlikely he plays this weekend.
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion will have at least two losses ;)

MGB01
Coach
Posts: 544
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:42 pm

Re: Anthony Johnson Traded to Defenders

Post by MGB01 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:36 pm

Well no CFL team as of yet has decided to test if he was really coming south so barring anything last minute he will be showing up.

Remember his last game (of an 18 game season) was just three months ago so it won't be just snap to it. Reggie White, coming off a similar 18 game season, didn't debut with the Eagles until week four in 1985.

Post Reply