Has anyone done XFL rosters on Madden 20 yet?

XFL Football discussion.
LeoNY
Coach

Has anyone done XFL rosters on Madden 20 yet?

Post by LeoNY » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:56 pm

Ok it’s nerd time. This would probably be super time consuming. First you’d have to relocate like an entire conference or at least eight teams. Then try and put teams in similar markets as the XFL. Like San Antonio for Dallas for example. A lot of XFL players are in Madden. Mostly as free agents. Like Tyree Jackson, Cardale Jones, Cameron Artis Payne etc I wonder if anyone has attempted this yet. I remember a few people trying to do this earlier this year with the AAF.

MGB01
Running Back

Re: Has anyone done XFL rosters on Madden 20 yet?

Post by MGB01 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:36 pm

I did something similar back in 2003 back when Madden still had a (sort of) create-a-league feature, I ended up doing the same thing as the XFL is now with team nine for free agents and stuff (I had ten, think you could go up to 16 so I had six teams). Took a while to set up, had to do a lot of "player-matching/modeling". Then I just played the playoffs as normal exhibition games.

Some of it was unrealistic as all hell (Curtis Alexander=Shaun Alexander, John Avery=Ricky Williams, David Warren=Dwight Freeney. Definite numbers-taking down there) but it did the job.

LeoNY
Coach

Post by LeoNY » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:19 pm

MGB01 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:36 pm
I did something similar back in 2003 back when Madden still had a (sort of) create-a-league feature, I ended up doing the same thing as the XFL is now with team nine for free agents and stuff (I had ten, think you could go up to 16 so I had six teams). Took a while to set up, had to do a lot of "player-matching/modeling". Then I just played the playoffs as normal exhibition games.

Some of it was unrealistic as all hell (Curtis Alexander=Shaun Alexander, John Avery=Ricky Williams, David Warren=Dwight Freeney. Definite numbers-taking down there) but it did the job.
That sounds cool. With Madden now. I would relocate all 16 teams in one conference. Since the majority of XFL drafted players are in the game. I would put them on teams. Make the Jets move to Brooklyn and be the Guardians representative. Probably add all NFL free agents to XFL rosters to make it work. Put players that were in the XFL draft pool but not drafted into teams. That kind of thing. It sounds like very time consuming though.

Sounder
Quarterback

Post by Sounder » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:24 pm

I made a 16 team league for Madden 12.....the Dallas Renegades are in it.....because the game has the same logo. But I had to rebuild the rosters to make them relevant to now.