Potential NFL players that the XFL targets in January

XFL Football discussion.
LeoNY
Coach

Potential NFL players that the XFL targets in January

Post by LeoNY » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:35 pm

Due to Jacoby Brisset’s injury in Indy. He has been ruled out of the Colts game with Miami. Chad Kelly has been elevated to the active roster from the practice squad to back up Brian Hoyer. Kelly is one of the practice squad players that I think would be an interesting target in January for the XFL. When players come off as practice squads. I am also keeping track of what happens with Paxton Lynch in Pittsburgh. Rudolph is back and Devlin Hodges is backing him up. Steelers have injury concerns at RB. I wonder if Lynch will be cut to make room there. Another player that I really like is Kyle Sloter. He is on the Cards practice squad. Talented player with good size and arm strength who had a great summer.

MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Potential NFL players that the XFL targets in January

Post by MikeMitchell » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:09 pm

Being that the current 8 signed XFL Quarterbacks are making six figures and are locked in for the moment. I am curious how much the league’s player budget will allow for other Quarterbacks to come into the league in January and be paid on the level that Cardale and Landry Jones are.

I understand said that the assigned group is just a starting point but it will be interesting to see what the cap room is for each team.

LeoNY
Coach

Post by LeoNY » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:24 pm

MikeMitchell wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:09 pm
Being that the current 8 signed XFL Quarterbacks are making six figures and are locked in for the moment. I am curious how much the league’s player budget will allow for other Quarterbacks to come into the league in January and be paid on the level that Cardale and Landry Jones are.

I understand said that the assigned group is just a starting point but it will be interesting to see what the cap room is for each team.
At one point. Oliver Luck mentioned a 4 million dollar cap for each XFL team. If the player average is 55k times 51. That would be under 3 million. The T1 QB gets six figures. Then it’s close to 4 million. If let’s say Houston is assigned Chad Kelly in January. How will Connor Cook feel about being paid only 55k. That’s a whole other can of worms

XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:10 am

LeoNY wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:35 pm
Due to Jacoby Brisset’s injury in Indy. He has been ruled out of the Colts game with Miami. Chad Kelly has been elevated to the active roster from the practice squad to back up Brian Hoyer. Kelly is one of the practice squad players that I think would be an interesting target in January for the XFL. When players come off as practice squads. I am also keeping track of what happens with Paxton Lynch in Pittsburgh. Rudolph is back and Devlin Hodges is backing him up. Steelers have injury concerns at RB. I wonder if Lynch will be cut to make room there. Another player that I really like is Kyle Sloter. He is on the Cards practice squad. Talented player with good size and arm strength who had a great summer.
After Hoyer's trash game yesterday, if Jacoby isn back next week it needs to be Swag Kelly time. If Chad Kelly was an XFL QB he be an MVP contender IMO.
"LA Stands for Excellence" -Winston Moss

Let's Go Cats!

MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:43 pm

XFL_FAN wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:10 am
LeoNY wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:35 pm
After Hoyer's trash game yesterday, if Jacoby isn back next week it needs to be Swag Kelly time. If Chad Kelly was an XFL QB he be an MVP contender IMO.
I agree. I know for a fact that the XFL wants him. He may not be available though. As crazy as it sounds, a little birdie told me that June Jones had Kelly high on his priority list and that feelers were sent out to his camp this summer. Despite Houston having Walker and Cook. Jones would still be interested in Kelly. That would be a heck of a story. June Jones coaching another QB named Kelly again back in Houston.

LeoNY
Coach

Post by LeoNY » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:42 pm

I keep watching Eric Dungey to see if he ends up on the Browns active roster. He’d be a potential target.

GDAWG
Coach

Post by GDAWG » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:34 pm

Isn't January also CFL Free agency?

KJE
Kicker

Post by KJE » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:12 pm

GDAWG wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:34 pm
Isn't January also CFL Free agency?