Will Adidas be designing the XFL Uniforms

XFL Football discussion.
LeoNY
Coach

Will Adidas be designing the XFL Uniforms

Post by LeoNY » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:01 pm

I figure that we are about 4 weeks or so away from the XFL’s uniform reveals. I have always wondered if the XFL was going to do the uniforms independently. Based on the Tampa Bay Vipers uniform leak and the info that followed. The user Dan Billinson who posted the jersey on Twitter is connected to Adidas custom outfitters. Adidas was used in the hashtag before the tweet and account was deleted. There is no Adidas logo on this photo and obviously it’s not a full helmet/jersey pants look.
5F6EE393-FEA1-4CEE-B64E-5070C94D9DD4.jpeg
5F6EE393-FEA1-4CEE-B64E-5070C94D9DD4.jpeg (122.54 KiB) Viewed 1123 times

MarkNelson
XFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Will Adidas be designing the XFL Uniforms

Post by MarkNelson » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:06 pm

You may have something there.

I wonder if we will know the answer this week? Signs seem to point to the uniform reveal happening before November.

I'm still amazed there hasn't been more significant leaks of the uniforms details up to now.

MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:47 pm

It will be interesting to see how the league handles the roll out. I am looking forward to seeing the helmets. Now that the league actually has players. You could do an unveiling with 3 to 5 key players from each team wearing the full uniforms. The Quarterbacks and a few players on offense and defense. There will probably be only two looks, home and road but if there are 3 or 4. Multiple players shown in the uniforms would be cool.

LeoNY
Coach

Post by LeoNY » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:21 pm

That’s a good idea. Maybe it can be before camp. It would be great to see the top players in the team uniforms.

johnnyangryfuzzball
Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:15 pm

I'm surprised they haven't signed (or at least announced) an official outfitter yet. The XFL has more options than ever before: the AAF used Starter (which hadn't been relevant in nearly three decades and was most recently a Walmart discount brand) and the CFL signed a deal with New Era Cap Company(!).

Nike, Adidas, Reebok... there are plenty of options. Though, with Vince's stand-for-the-anthem policy, I have a feeling Nike and its Kaepernick endorsement deal are out of the question.

Or maybe if they really wanted to make some heads explode, order from one of those Chinese knockoff outlets.

LeoNY
Coach

Post by LeoNY » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:49 am

Ryan Gustafson was on Seattle TV. He was asked about uniforms and said that they would be released around Thanksgiving time. That’s a week before mini camp starts.

I think league rules may come before the uniforms.

MarkNelson
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:43 pm

LeoNY wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:49 am
Ryan Gustafson was on Seattle TV. He was asked about uniforms and said that they would be released around Thanksgiving time. That’s a week before mini camp starts.

Gustafson may have leaked it, but who really knows! This league is a tricky bunch, and they love to play games with the fans over information releases. :) The only thing we can do is wait for the official news.

MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:21 pm

LeoNY wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:49 am

I saw the Gustafson tv interview with Aaron Levine. He did mention uniforms around thanksgiving. It could be the Monday or Tuesday before hand. Start selling them before Black Friday.

LeoNY
Coach

Post by LeoNY » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:42 pm

The XFL has done a lot of third party work. Efficient and financially smart. They did game and broadcast testing with people who already have players and existing facilities. Like the NJCAA, Your Call Football and The Spring League. They had the ANC run the eight Showcases. The XFL has used different tech partners during all their testing. The league also has a partnership with Elevate Sports to sell tickets. So staying in house to do the Jerseys would go against the grain for them.