Is Luck positioning himself for a possible Return?

XFL Football discussion.
4th&long
Coach
Posts: 562
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:27 pm

Is Luck positioning himself for a possible Return?

Post by 4th&long » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:56 pm

Interesting...

https://xflnewshub.com/xfl-news/oliver- ... f-the-xfl/

>>Oliver Luck Wants McMahon To Pay Him, Not The Sale Of The XFL<<


https://xflnewshub.com/xfl-news/oliver- ... on-letter/

>>We all know by now the reasons Vince McMahon fired Oliver Luck a day before he closed down the XFL. Personal cell phone use, disappearing as the pandemic started and the signing of Antonio Callaway. But we never have heard Oliver Lucks side of the story until now.

In last week’s court filing by Lucks legal team, Luck wants no part of the money made from the sale of the XFL. Instead, he wants Vince McMahon personally to pay him the approximately $23.8 million in compensation he feels he is owed. <<


That means he's not burning the league just VM and a new owner can make a new deal with him... Smart. This may be a way of positioning himself as buyers line up.

GregParks
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue May 28, 2019 8:09 pm

Re: Is Luck positioning himself for a possible Return?

Post by GregParks » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:26 am

I would really like for that to be what this means. This is certainly out of my wheelhouse, so there may be other more complicated legal reasons he's making this demand.

It would be cool to see the buyers go after as many jettisoned employees as possible to put together a reasonable facsimile of the 2020 iteration of the league for 2021. They were not the problem and the learning curve would be lessened in a compact offseason by bringing folks back. Not everybody will accept of course because some have moved on to other jobs, etc. But more than any coach, team president, or any other person associated with the league, I'd want Luck back the most.
@gregmparks

4th&long
Coach
Posts: 562
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:27 pm

Re: Is Luck positioning himself for a possible Return?

Post by 4th&long » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:38 am

GregParks wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:26 am
I would really like for that to be what this means. This is certainly out of my wheelhouse, so there may be other more complicated legal reasons he's making this demand.

It would be cool to see the buyers go after as many jettisoned employees as possible to put together a reasonable facsimile of the 2020 iteration of the league for 2021. They were not the problem and the learning curve would be lessened in a compact offseason by bringing folks back. Not everybody will accept of course because some have moved on to other jobs, etc. But more than any coach, team president, or any other person associated with the league, I'd want Luck back the most.
If Luck learned anything it better be to run a tight ship, because no matter what ownership says .... $pending is always an issue and funding is not a blank check. China virus was the issue here but if money did come into play, as always.

For any relaunch - watch costs....

GDAWG
Coach
Posts: 908
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:15 pm

Re: Is Luck positioning himself for a possible Return?

Post by GDAWG » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:19 pm

GregParks wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:26 am
I would really like for that to be what this means. This is certainly out of my wheelhouse, so there may be other more complicated legal reasons he's making this demand.

It would be cool to see the buyers go after as many jettisoned employees as possible to put together a reasonable facsimile of the 2020 iteration of the league for 2021. They were not the problem and the learning curve would be lessened in a compact offseason by bringing folks back. Not everybody will accept of course because some have moved on to other jobs, etc. But more than any coach, team president, or any other person associated with the league, I'd want Luck back the most.
I don't think the league comes back in 2021. 2022 seems more likely because I don't think we'll be done with this Pandemic until August 2021.

4th&long
Coach
Posts: 562
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:27 pm

Re: Is Luck positioning himself for a possible Return?

Post by 4th&long » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:22 pm

GDAWG wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:19 pm
GregParks wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:26 am
I would really like for that to be what this means. This is certainly out of my wheelhouse, so there may be other more complicated legal reasons he's making this demand.

It would be cool to see the buyers go after as many jettisoned employees as possible to put together a reasonable facsimile of the 2020 iteration of the league for 2021. They were not the problem and the learning curve would be lessened in a compact offseason by bringing folks back. Not everybody will accept of course because some have moved on to other jobs, etc. But more than any coach, team president, or any other person associated with the league, I'd want Luck back the most.
I don't think the league comes back in 2021. 2022 seems more likely because I don't think we'll be done with this Pandemic until August 2021.
we'll be done with it on 11/5, though that may depend on who wins. Regardless the under 35 crowd have less than flu fatality rates - The new owner has no issue in 2021

GDAWG
Coach
Posts: 908
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:15 pm

Re: Is Luck positioning himself for a possible Return?

Post by GDAWG » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:34 pm

4th&long wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:22 pm
GDAWG wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:19 pm
GregParks wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:26 am
I would really like for that to be what this means. This is certainly out of my wheelhouse, so there may be other more complicated legal reasons he's making this demand.

It would be cool to see the buyers go after as many jettisoned employees as possible to put together a reasonable facsimile of the 2020 iteration of the league for 2021. They were not the problem and the learning curve would be lessened in a compact offseason by bringing folks back. Not everybody will accept of course because some have moved on to other jobs, etc. But more than any coach, team president, or any other person associated with the league, I'd want Luck back the most.
I don't think the league comes back in 2021. 2022 seems more likely because I don't think we'll be done with this Pandemic until August 2021.
we'll be done with it on 11/5, though that may depend on who wins. Regardless the under 35 crowd have less than flu fatality rates - The new owner has no issue in 2021
With the rate the numbers are spiking daily all over the country and how badly this was handled here, February 2021 is no guarantee. There will be issues in 2021 and that's mainly if we can go back to normal in a year. I doubt that. I do think the NFL will start their season but I doubt they finish.

4th&long
Coach
Posts: 562
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:27 pm

Re: Is Luck positioning himself for a possible Return?

Post by 4th&long » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:36 am

GDAWG wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:34 pm
4th&long wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:22 pm
GDAWG wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:19 pm


I don't think the league comes back in 2021. 2022 seems more likely because I don't think we'll be done with this Pandemic until August 2021.
we'll be done with it on 11/5, though that may depend on who wins. Regardless the under 35 crowd have less than flu fatality rates - The new owner has no issue in 2021
With the rate the numbers are spiking daily all over the country and how badly this was handled here, February 2021 is no guarantee. There will be issues in 2021 and that's mainly if we can go back to normal in a year. I doubt that. I do think the NFL will start their season but I doubt they finish.
Keep in mind testing has increased 250k daily from a month ago and almost 400k since 8 week ago. That's alot out of 725-50k done today. Alot more asym people are getting tested and results are up but the median age is waydown and deaths are lower. Protest, looting, rioting have consequences.

https://covidtracking.com/data/us-daily

USA death rates are lower than most large European nations per capita (UK, Italy, France, Belgium, Holland, Spain etc..).

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Death rates for Corona are 85% over 60, 95% 50yo and over, less than 2% under 40, virtual 0% under 21yo. Thats 2% or 2800 deaths under 40 nationally. That's out of 165-200 million people, or 1/65000.

The # of China Virus deaths under age 24 is like 150-200 nationally - that's out of like 90-100 million people. That's 1/500k.

Hysteria is overcoming science and rational thought. We didn't shut down the country in the 2017-18 flu season that resulted in 61k deaths either. Granted this virus is worse but its a factor of 2x or 2.5x not 10 or 100x. And with covid we have health measures to compensate: masks, testing, disinfecting, social distancing etc...
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden-av ... 7-2018.htm

Europe is playing soccer... USA can play FB.
Last edited by 4th&long on Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

MGB01
Coach
Posts: 706
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:42 pm

Re: Is Luck positioning himself for a possible Return?

Post by MGB01 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:41 am

If we were such a disaster then the death rate would be astronomical, its own stratosphere

GDAWG
Coach
Posts: 908
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:15 pm

Re: Is Luck positioning himself for a possible Return?

Post by GDAWG » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:51 am

Well, I think that there will be an NFL season but I don't think they will finish. And it sounds like College Football is undecided on whether or not they will actually play.

4th&long
Coach
Posts: 562
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:27 pm

Re: Is Luck positioning himself for a possible Return?

Post by 4th&long » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:54 am

GDAWG wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:51 am
Well, I think that there will be an NFL season but I don't think they will finish. And it sounds like College Football is undecided on whether or not they will actually play.
Pac 12.big 10 plying in conf only

SEC, ACC, Big 12 playing reg sch where possible

https://www.outkick.com/props-to-the-se ... -anything/

Post Reply