XFL saying goodbye with a Gif

XFL Football discussion.
MarkNelson
XFLBoard Correspondent

XFL saying goodbye with a Gif

Post by MarkNelson » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:54 am

I don't know if you have noticed, but I am quite disappointed that the XFL said goodbye by posting a weak animated Gif on Twitter. https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/1248 ... 58272?s=20

I realize that this post was probably done by a low level minion just prior to leaving the job. My thought is the XFL carefully crafted every message to fans, mainly through their strong social media game, but when it came time to announce this very important message they blew off the fans.

They should have posted something far more significant and meaningful, especially for their fans.

MGB01
Coach

Re: XFL saying goodbye with a Gif

Post by MGB01 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:12 pm

What's the context: Was it tweeted before the announcement? I mean we weren't far removed from an official announcement of no playoffs.

You've got all these media outlets that have run with it over the weekend (and most have unfortunately proven their worth and essentially totally ignored the big C and effectively treated it as another AAF-like failure), so what's the point of rushing out a big shutdown announcement before it's go time?

Like I said in another thread, any "fantasy booking" 2021 was wishful thinking. Any established league like the NFL won't be fine, but they can withstand this. The XFL didn't have that luxury. So when the end comes sudden, you don't often have the "clean ending" you want but it's also why you sometimes see days go by before deaths are announced (Christopher Lee, Neil Peart)

Given that tomorrow is for all intents and purposes the end (would have been the first day after the end of regular season, all employees are gone), I'd look for something then.