"QB Exemption"

XFL Football discussion.
XtremeFanForever
Quarterback

"QB Exemption"

Post by XtremeFanForever » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:18 pm

Interesting note from the transaction page re: Marcus McDade's addition to the WIldcats:
Active list addition (from Team 9) -- QB exemption
LA hasn't made room of their roster for this move. Anthony Johnson was replaced with DT Reggie Howard. No other players have been waived or placed on IR.

Given we've heard about the need for teams to have a healthy backup QB on their roster, I wonder if Moss informed the league that both Josh Johnson and Chad Kanoff are still questionable/doubtful for this weekend and the league permitted them to add another QB just in case.
It's time to roar

RIP Xtreme; forever champions

Andibald
Head Coach

Re: "QB Exemption"

Post by Andibald » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:08 pm

XtremeFanForever wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:18 pm
Interesting note from the transaction page re: Marcus McDade's addition to the WIldcats:
Active list addition (from Team 9) -- QB exemption
LA hasn't made room of their roster for this move. Anthony Johnson was replaced with DT Reggie Howard. No other players have been waived or placed on IR.

Given we've heard about the need for teams to have a healthy backup QB on their roster, I wonder if Moss informed the league that both Josh Johnson and Chad Kanoff are still questionable/doubtful for this weekend and the league permitted them to add another QB just in case.
Good catch. That makes sense.

I was wondering what the Dragons might do if Silvers was out as they only carry 2 QB's and use a starting WR as the emergency QB. It looks like Silvers is practicing today so they may not have to worry about that.
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion will have at least one loss ;)