Los Angeles Wildcats trade Rashad Ross to DC for Tre McBride

XFL Football discussion.
Andibald
Head Coach

Re: Los Angeles Wildcats trade Rashad Ross to DC for Tre McBride

Post by Andibald » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:04 am

XtremeFanForever wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:41 am
I can't find a clip now but I remember months ago Luck saying one of the benefits of league wide training camp was being able to see how all the teams stacked up, talent-wise, at different positions, and how if could help the league achieve competitive balance.

Part of me wonders if the league itself has had a hand in some of these trades after seeing a talent gap between the teams.
The idea of this concerns me. It's the reason I didn't like the "assigned" QB's. I seem to recall a quote on here from an article, that said the "assignment QB" was to ensure balance.

If it is the case, I hope it's not advertised as such.
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion will have at least two losses ;)

MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Los Angeles Wildcats trade Rashad Ross to DC for Tre McBride

Post by MikeMitchell » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:57 am

XtremeFanForever wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:41 am
I can't find a clip now but I remember months ago Luck saying one of the benefits of league wide training camp was being able to see how all the teams stacked up, talent-wise, at different positions, and how if could help the league achieve competitive balance.

Part of me wonders if the league itself has had a hand in some of these trades after seeing a talent gap between the teams.
The league has nothing to do with these trades.

LA has been very active. This is their coaching staff and front office making these moves.

The WR trade is Norm Chow’s input. The fact that other players at WR have emerged during LA camp, set LA on a course to look for a different type of receiver in McBride.

I would argue that Collins and Oakman were Winston decisions. Read into that what you will. Moss doesn't suffer fools.

I was told that DC almost drafted Rashad Ross first in their skill draft. They then hoped for him at the end of the 2nd round but Ross was taken 9th overall by LA. DC ended up drafting McBride.