So How well is the XFL being promoted in each market?

XFL Football discussion.
steinerfhc
Quarterback

So How well is the XFL being promoted in each market?

Post by steinerfhc » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:21 am

I thought this would be an interesting topic for us XFL fans here. As most of us are in one of the markets a team is located. So from your stand point, how well do you feel the XFL and the team is being promoted in your market? What have you seen or heard?

For example me, I live in St. Louis so the BattleHawks is the team I can say the following has been done and IMO the XFL has been promoted and received pretty well here overall.

The MetroLink (STL's subway if you will): They have trains that have the BattleHawk banners on the side of the train. As well as several bus station throw out the area have XFL in the advertisement window. Which is great.

Local sports radio talked about it and seem to show a lot of energy for it. Really driving the Born and Raise first football team in St. Louis and well is driving a Rivalry with the Viper team which is fun.

Speaking of Radio, the top morning talk show on the top Alternative Rock Station yesterday has the team President on the show. Talking about the uniform reveal and ext. Again a lot of support from the radio team. Talked about players been around doing events.

There been several Happy Hour events at different Sports Bar and Grills during different major phases. Team announcement, name reveal, Post draft, Ball Reveal, and I believe just had one for the Uniform mainly showing off the helmet.

So what can be said about what the other teams have been doing and what have you seen to help generate interest in the league. I find it interesting to see and we know this will play big on how well the XFL overall is going to do.

MGB01
Coach

Re: So How well is the XFL being promoted in each market?

Post by MGB01 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:48 am

The Dragons rollout was live on KOMO (ABC affiliate), and their schedule release was covered well even during a huge sports weekend (Ravens at Hawks, UO at UW, Sounders vs Dallas).

Certainly helps to have Jim Zorn coaching, Pete Carroll's endorsement, and a bunch of ex-Hawks/Dawgs on the roster. Gustafson has done an excellent job too.

LeoNY
Coach

Post by LeoNY » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:55 pm

The tri state area is going to be a challenge for the Guardians. There is some early advertising and mentions but not a lot. That needs to ramp up soon. Places like Seattle and St. Louis have a friendlier media than New York. The New York media types have their nose in the air and act like all leagues are beneath them. Even the other established pro teams in town get poor treatment. The media treats their own local teams like enemies or strangers. Janet Duch and the Guardians have a lot of work to do to get on their good side. The Guardians are going to have to market heavy and bend over backwards and kiss some fanny to get love and attention. New York is a football town and the fans would be more receptive to the XFL than the media will be.

GDAWG
Coach

Post by GDAWG » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:29 pm

There has been some here in Dallas. A few weeks ago, Landry Jones was on the local Fox affiliate to talk about the XFL football.

4th&long
Coach

Post by 4th&long » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:24 am

Here's something I think all Non-NFL leagues should do, advertise on NFL Fan Blogs or unofficial NFL team news sites.

For example the TB Vipers are advertising on the pewterreport.com, that's a Buccaneer unofficial NFL team news site. Promote where diehard fans go.... FYI The ads rotate on there so its not always up but you get the point.

Is any others seeing this in any XFL city?

Rangersking669
Receiver

Post by Rangersking669 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:06 pm

Odds are XFL TV marketing campaign kicks off with bowl szn

4th&long
Coach

Post by 4th&long » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:13 pm

Popular Buccanneer Fan blogger site: JOE BUCS FAN has article on XFL TB Vipers. Targeting NFL locan news/blogger and Fan based websites is a great way to target big time FB fans locally...

https://www.joebucsfan.com/2019/12/key- ... -practice/

** Minicamp practice No. 2 was brief but eventful yesterday.

Here’s your need-to-know:

11-on-11 kicks off with former Buccaneer Vincent Testaverde Jr. getting the first reps at QB. Interesting to say the least. Aaron Murray quickly comes in and replaces him after two plays.
Someone who shouldn’t be overlooked on this team is QB Taylor Cornelius. The former Oklahoma State signal caller has a very strong arm. He shows off that strength in 7-on-7 **