BattleHawks uniform leak?

XFL Football discussion.
User avatar
LeoNY
Coach
Posts: 975
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 8:20 pm

BattleHawks uniform leak?

Post by LeoNY » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:12 pm

This was posted on Twitter and supposedly deleted. The photos are designs for home, road and alternate jersey looks.

https://hangar314.com/2019/10/29/icymi-unis-leaked/
C42D603A-19A4-45F9-A327-14FC588C0D63.jpeg
C42D603A-19A4-45F9-A327-14FC588C0D63.jpeg (179.79 KiB) Viewed 1989 times
Looks like a Christine Michael Jersey mock up.
AABE8F62-43CA-4B4C-9FD3-94D12A358999.jpeg
AABE8F62-43CA-4B4C-9FD3-94D12A358999.jpeg (222.53 KiB) Viewed 1986 times

User avatar
MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 2133
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: BattleHawks uniform leak?

Post by MikeMitchell » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:18 pm

It’s not bad looking if it’s legit. A blue helmet would have been intriguing. I have often wondered what it would be like if teams adopted secondary or alternate helmets. Probably not something for a first year league but maybe in the future.

The wings are cool but I don’t see the sword incorporated in it.

User avatar
Tank55
Coach
Posts: 971
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:57 pm

Re: BattleHawks uniform leak?

Post by Tank55 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:51 pm

Love it. Hope they're real.
2020 East Division Champions

XFLSTLOUIS
Receiver
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:43 pm

Re: BattleHawks uniform leak?

Post by XFLSTLOUIS » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:40 pm

Looks good. Would like to see sword added to helmet, a secondary Hawk logo, and a second blue helmet.

craig
Kicker
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:01 pm

Re: BattleHawks uniform leak?

Post by craig » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:47 pm

Notice the difference between this uniform and the Viper jersey that surfaced a couple weeks ago?

The XFL logo is located at the bottom of the neckline on the BattleHawks jersey. On the Vipers jersey, there is a secondary logo in the spot.

The XFL logo is red, white and blue on the BattleHawks jersey. It color-coded in Vipers colors on the Vipers jersey.

One of the two is a fake. My guess the Vipers one.

CB

Sounder
Quarterback
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:04 am

Re: BattleHawks uniform leak?

Post by Sounder » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:58 pm

I have a blue "BattleHawks" helmet to show you.....it has the battle wings on the side.....the upside down battle wings across the front exposing the "STL" .....and the sword which runs over the top.
IMG_20191030_135052.jpg
IMG_20191030_135052.jpg (213.35 KiB) Viewed 1781 times

User avatar
johnnyangryfuzzball
Coach
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:22 pm

Re: BattleHawks uniform leak?

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:04 am

craig wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:47 pm
Notice the difference between this uniform and the Viper jersey that surfaced a couple weeks ago?

The XFL logo is located at the bottom of the neckline on the BattleHawks jersey. On the Vipers jersey, there is a secondary logo in the spot.

The XFL logo is red, white and blue on the BattleHawks jersey. It color-coded in Vipers colors on the Vipers jersey.

One of the two is a fake. My guess the Vipers one.

CB
Maybe not. Consider:
[*]Blue is not part of the Vipers' color scheme. It is in the BattleHawks'. Ergo, there's no real need to change the colors of the logo on the BattleHawks' uniforms, while such a color scheme would clash on the Vipers'.
[*]The BattleHawks have no secondary logo, explaining its absence on their jersey and its presence on the Vipers'.

Could the purported Vipers leak be a fake? Possibly... based on the timetable we have now, they might not have actually made the jerseys yet at the time that picture was leaked. My guess, though, is that they are both real, and that the Vipers one is a prototype that might not end up being the finished product.

User avatar
jcestl
Receiver
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:42 pm

Re: BattleHawks uniform leak?

Post by jcestl » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:33 am

Sounder wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:58 pm
I have a blue "BattleHawks" helmet to show you.....it has the battle wings on the side.....the upside down battle wings across the front exposing the "STL" .....and the sword which runs over the top.

IMG_20191030_135052.jpg
I have to say that I much prefer the "plain" white one in the mock-up. This one is way too busy. Looks like a kid got a sheet of BattleHawk stickers and just started slapping them all over the place.
If the complete uniform above is the real deal, works for me. Maybe a sword for a stripe on the pants....but I'm fine with it as it is. Simple enough. Too much looks second rate. I think they should wear the all white at home....with the crappy lighting in the Dome, just so they can be seen better

Sounder
Quarterback
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:04 am

Re: BattleHawks uniform leak?

Post by Sounder » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:33 pm

I can live with losing the front logo.....leaving just the side wing and the over the top sword.....that's enough for me.
But on that uniform design I would lose the striped shoulder......ack.

User avatar
jcestl
Receiver
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:42 pm

Re: BattleHawks uniform leak?

Post by jcestl » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:38 pm

Sounder wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:33 pm
I can live with losing the front logo.....leaving just the side wing and the over the top sword.....that's enough for me.
But on that uniform design I would lose the striped shoulder......ack.
I think it's supposed to be a wing on the shoulder....at least that's how I'm seeing it
Leaving the sword on the helmet is ok

Post Reply