NFC West:
Arizona- Kyle Sloter
LA Rams- John Wolford

MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Current NFL Practice Squad QB's: Future XFL options

Post by MikeMitchell » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:29 pm

Good list.

First blush. I would say Chad Kelly and he's not on there now but I suspect that he could be on the PS again, Paxton Lynch.

I think Dungey is a possibility to come back. JT Barrett could be an option. Once Brees comes back. How safe is his spot?

Sloter and Wolford are actually pretty good players. Kyle Sloter is a lot like Kyle Allen right now for Carolina. A young unknown who can actually play.

GDAWG
Coach

Post by GDAWG » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:46 pm

MikeMitchell wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:29 pm
Good list.

First blush. I would say Chad Kelly and he's not on there now but I suspect that he could be on the PS again, Paxton Lynch.

I think Dungey is a possibility to come back. JT Barrett could be an option. Once Brees comes back. How safe is his spot?

Sloter and Wolford are actually pretty good players. Kyle Sloter is a lot like Kyle Allen right now for Carolina. A young unknown who can actually play.
Only if Chad Kelly stays out of trouble, which is not a certainty at this point.

LeoNY
Coach

Post by LeoNY » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:57 pm

The XFL forces us to look at the entire market of players at every position but none more so than the Quarterback position. How often have we on this board broken down every potential and possible quarterback out there.

Interesting that Johnny Manziel, Josh Johnson and other vets like Mettenberger didn’t make this first wave.

No Colin Kaepernick. No Tim Tebow. Both pipe dreams and Manziel never got in the door. Unless something changes next month.

GregParks
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:06 pm

Aside from some of the others who have already been linked to the XFL, I like Manny Wilkins. Think he could do well in this league.
@gregmparks

MGB01
Coach

Post by MGB01 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:50 pm

I'd go Webb just for the obvious Mahomes/Mayfield connection, then again given the answer is "What the hell happened?", maybe not.

steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:49 pm

LeoNY wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:57 pm
The XFL forces us to look at the entire market of players at every position but none more so than the Quarterback position. How often have we on this board broken down every potential and possible quarterback out there.

Interesting that Johnny Manziel, Josh Johnson and other vets like Mettenberger didn’t make this first wave.

No Colin Kaepernick. No Tim Tebow. Both pipe dreams and Manziel never got in the door. Unless something changes next month.
I wish people would stop bring up Tebow. The guy hasn't been focused on Football in YEARS. He been all about Baseball. It never was going to be an option. Manziel people have hope and still do that he may join because he played in the AAF. Colin what stopping him his ego still thinks he worth 20 Million. The XFL is never going to pay that for one player and honestly not in the XFL current budget as Luck in interviews talked about playing within a budget.

LeoNY
Coach

Post by LeoNY » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:38 pm

steinerfhc wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:49 pm
LeoNY wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:57 pm

I wish people would stop bring up Tebow. The guy hasn't been focused on Football in YEARS. He been all about Baseball. It never was going to be an option. Manziel people have hope and still do that he may join because he played in the AAF. Colin what stopping him his ego still thinks he worth 20 Million. The XFL is never going to pay that for one player and honestly not in the XFL current budget as Luck in interviews talked about playing within a budget.
I agree Steiner. I think if Tebow showed interest. The league would sign him. He’s not realistic until he shows that he wants it. He would draw fans in Tampa but judging by the draft. The teams are making football decisions and not moves for headlines and publicity.

If Kaepernick came out publicly and said that he wanted to play in the XFL and that he and his agent were fine with 495k for the season. Presumably what Cardale and Landry got. Then the league would consider Colin.

I think Johnny Manziel has a real bad reputation as a teammate and employee. Football people don’t like him or trust him. Moose avoided him twice. In the AAF and XFL despite being in Texas.

MGB01
Coach

Post by MGB01 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:17 pm

But Moose going away from him is a little misleading. In SA's case, them, Orlando, and Arizona were the clear top three teams in the league, so there's no need. In Dallas, they've already signed Landry Jones, so same applies. I'll give him a pass, because right now he's probably wondering how the hell he went from AMG to being stuck with Chris Myers.

Houston, though, is another story.

johnnyangryfuzzball
Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:55 pm

As far as Houston goes, Jones admitted he put in a request for Manziel and noted several others had, too. So something happened between then and the draft that disqualified him. What, we don't know; he hasn't been in the news in that time. Perhaps Vince put his foot down on the no-criminals requirement.

But June Jones also traded Manziel away when he was in Hamilton, mainly because they already had Masoli in front of him and he wasn't going anywhere. (Dane Evans, the guy who replaced Manziel in Hamilton, has proven to be more than competent.)