XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

XFL Football discussion.
User avatar
MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 1509
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

Post by MikeMitchell » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:47 pm

https://twitter.com/XFL2kcom/status/115 ... 33120?s=20

This was posted by XFL2K.com, courtesy of @wfreeman87

Some interesting names at first glance.

QB’s Connor Cook, Luis Perez and Zach Mettenberger. Let’s see if the names listed all work out.

The WR position has some recognizable names. Controversial TCU WR Ka’vontae Turpin finally gets his XFL workout. One of my favorite players from the YCF series, KJ Maye is working out today. Some notable former NFL and AAF players like Alton Howard and La’Damian Williams.

At RB, Obviously Trent Richardson but also Jonas Gray and Akeem Hunt.
Last edited by MikeMitchell on Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 1509
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

Post by MikeMitchell » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:49 pm

139 players listed. No kickers or punters on the list. So it could be more.

GDAWG
Quarterback
Posts: 471
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:15 pm

Re: XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

Post by GDAWG » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:50 pm

MikeMitchell wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:47 pm
https://twitter.com/XFL2kcom/status/115 ... 33120?s=20

This was posted by XFL2K.com, courtesy of @wfreeman87

Some interesting names at first glance.

QB’s Connor Cook, Luis Perez and Zach Mettenberger. Let’s see if the names listed all work out.

The WR position has some recognizable names. Controversial TCU WR Ka’vontae Turpin finally gets his XFL workout. One of my favorite players from the YCF series, KJ Maye is working out today. Some notable former NFL and AAF players like Bug Howard and La’Damian Williams.

At RB, Obviously Trent Richardson but also Jonas Gray and Akeem Hunt.
Hopefully Turpin can stay clean after the Summer Showcase, since Trayvon Boykin wasn't able to and is likely never playing in the XFL.

LeoNY
Running Back
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 8:20 pm

Re: XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

Post by LeoNY » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:09 pm

Is it just me or weren’t some of these players listed on previous xfl showcase rosters? Perhaps some didn’t work out and returned today to do so. Like Trenton Thompson for example. Of course this is Mettenberger’s second go round on an XFL showcase roster.

XFLInSTL
Receiver
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 3:17 pm

Re: XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

Post by XFLInSTL » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:41 pm

LeoNY wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:09 pm
Is it just me or weren’t some of these players listed on previous xfl showcase rosters? Perhaps some didn’t work out and returned today to do so. Like Trenton Thompson for example. Of course this is Mettenberger’s second go round on an XFL showcase roster.
I don't think Mett worked out the first time. But I did notice some guys that had been at more than one. Which is good for them, I guess, but it seems unfair to the couple of other guys who could have gotten an invite instead.
St. Louis Stallions

nick1091
Linebacker
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:16 pm

Re: XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

Post by nick1091 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:58 pm

MikeMitchell wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:47 pm
https://twitter.com/XFL2kcom/status/115 ... 33120?s=20

This was posted by XFL2K.com, courtesy of @wfreeman87

Some interesting names at first glance.

QB’s Connor Cook, Luis Perez and Zach Mettenberger. Let’s see if the names listed all work out.

The WR position has some recognizable names. Controversial TCU WR Ka’vontae Turpin finally gets his XFL workout. One of my favorite players from the YCF series, KJ Maye is working out today. Some notable former NFL and AAF players like Bug Howard and La’Damian Williams.

At RB, Obviously Trent Richardson but also Jonas Gray and Akeem Hunt.
The Howard listed is Alton "Pig" Howard (who played for Memphis), not Bug Howard (who played for Atlanta.) You've got the wrong animal :D

Interesting names for sure. Clay Harbor had some decent years in the pros and can play FB as well so I'm thinking he'll probably end up on a roster.

User avatar
MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 1509
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

Post by MikeMitchell » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:26 pm

nick1091 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:58 pm
MikeMitchell wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:47 pm
https://twitter.com/XFL2kcom/status/115 ... 33120?s=20

This was posted by XFL2K.com, courtesy of @wfreeman87

Some interesting names at first glance.

QB’s Connor Cook, Luis Perez and Zach Mettenberger. Let’s see if the names listed all work out.

The WR position has some recognizable names. Controversial TCU WR Ka’vontae Turpin finally gets his XFL workout. One of my favorite players from the YCF series, KJ Maye is working out today. Some notable former NFL and AAF players like Bug Howard and La’Damian Williams.

At RB, Obviously Trent Richardson but also Jonas Gray and Akeem Hunt.
The Howard listed is Alton "Pig" Howard (who played for Memphis), not Bug Howard (who played for Atlanta.) You've got the wrong animal :D

Interesting names for sure. Clay Harbor had some decent years in the pros and can play FB as well so I'm thinking he'll probably end up on a roster.
Thanks for the correction. Got my AAF Howards mixed up. Bug signed with The Broncos after the AAF season. Pig looks nothing like one. He’s had a strange career since college. Had issues there and hasn’t been able to latch on anywhere despite having the talent.

Harbor could stick. He’s one of the older vets trying out. 32 years old. His versatility helps but the tight ends, the XFL has worked out to this point, have been a very impressive group. That being said, each XFL team should have a couple of vets with NFL experience, at least during the training camp process. As an aid to younger players.

User avatar
MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 1509
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

Post by MikeMitchell » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:30 pm

XFLInSTL wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:41 pm
LeoNY wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:09 pm
Is it just me or weren’t some of these players listed on previous xfl showcase rosters? Perhaps some didn’t work out and returned today to do so. Like Trenton Thompson for example. Of course this is Mettenberger’s second go round on an XFL showcase roster.
I don't think Mett worked out the first time. But I did notice some guys that had been at more than one. Which is good for them, I guess, but it seems unfair to the couple of other guys who could have gotten an invite instead.
I don’t think it’s a case of players working out twice. I think it’s a case of being invited and listed on an original roster but then being unable to workout due to varying circumstances. So they were asked to come to another showcase.

User avatar
MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 1509
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

Post by MikeMitchell » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:44 pm

GDAWG wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:50 pm
MikeMitchell wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:47 pm
https://twitter.com/XFL2kcom/status/115 ... 33120?s=20

This was posted by XFL2K.com, courtesy of @wfreeman87

Some interesting names at first glance.

QB’s Connor Cook, Luis Perez and Zach Mettenberger. Let’s see if the names listed all work out.

The WR position has some recognizable names. Controversial TCU WR Ka’vontae Turpin finally gets his XFL workout. One of my favorite players from the YCF series, KJ Maye is working out today. Some notable former NFL and AAF players like Bug Howard and La’Damian Williams.

At RB, Obviously Trent Richardson but also Jonas Gray and Akeem Hunt.
Hopefully Turpin can stay clean after the Summer Showcase, since Trayvon Boykin wasn't able to and is likely never playing in the XFL.
Turpin was one of the first names confirmed for an XFL invite through the media. The thought was that he would work out in Dallas or Houston. He’s got some Boykin like baggage. The talent is through the roof for sure.

GDAWG
Quarterback
Posts: 471
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:15 pm

Re: XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

Post by GDAWG » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:47 pm

MikeMitchell wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:44 pm
GDAWG wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:50 pm
MikeMitchell wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:47 pm
https://twitter.com/XFL2kcom/status/115 ... 33120?s=20

This was posted by XFL2K.com, courtesy of @wfreeman87

Some interesting names at first glance.

QB’s Connor Cook, Luis Perez and Zach Mettenberger. Let’s see if the names listed all work out.

The WR position has some recognizable names. Controversial TCU WR Ka’vontae Turpin finally gets his XFL workout. One of my favorite players from the YCF series, KJ Maye is working out today. Some notable former NFL and AAF players like Bug Howard and La’Damian Williams.

At RB, Obviously Trent Richardson but also Jonas Gray and Akeem Hunt.
Hopefully Turpin can stay clean after the Summer Showcase, since Trayvon Boykin wasn't able to and is likely never playing in the XFL.
Turpin was one of the first names confirmed for an XFL invite through the media. The thought was that he would work out in Dallas or Houston. He’s got some Boykin like baggage. The talent is through the roof for sure.
If Turpin screws up after today, the XFL should not sign him. Boykin blew his chance at the XFL when he was recently arrested.

Post Reply