MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Re: XFL Summer Showcase Spreadsheet

Post by MikeMitchell » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:49 pm

GDAWG wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:47 pm
This may be something or nothing since he was at one of the showcases:

https://thebiglead.com/2019/07/25/malik ... e-analyst/
As I posted awhile back on this board. Zaire didn’t show up for the Tampa Showcase. His agent advised him against it because the feeling was that Zaire wouldn’t be guaranteed a contract. Good for him as far as broadcasting goes but that was some really poor advice.

sergeantcline_vdf
Kicker

Post by sergeantcline_vdf » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:47 am

It seem to me every person who has done a break down who all was at summer showcase listed the names of the players and the position They play and the college but no stats I want numbers 40s long jumps etc

GregParks
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:53 am

sergeantcline_vdf wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:47 am
It seem to me every person who has done a break down who all was at summer showcase listed the names of the players and the position They play and the college but no stats I want numbers 40s long jumps etc
And if those stats were available, I'd happily add them. Thus far, the league has not released that information, aside from a 40 time or two via Twitter.
@gregmparks

MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:09 pm

sergeantcline_vdf wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:47 am
The XFL has purposely kept that information in house. They even scheduled their showcases so that media members wouldn’t be on hand for the actual 40, 3 cone drills etc

The media check in for all the Showcases was at 11:30am. The 40 yard dashes and long jumps etc, were all started at 9am. So by the time, media members arrived. Those numbers were already tested.

I arrived at the NY Showcase an hour earlier and managed to get earlier access but the 40’s and other testing drills had already concluded. The league has also been very secretive when it comes to the rosters. Media members made their rosters public after receiving them at the showcases but the league only made a few names public per showcase.

The ANC conducted all the tests and drills. They have all the numbers but they are not permitted to release those figures publicly without the permission and consent of the league. Only XFL employees and scouts have access to them.

The only numbers the public has seen or been given is the 4.3 40 times of Elijah Campbell, Taivon Jacobs and Amba Etta Tawo, and a brief glimpse of a test sheet during a league video of the Dallas Showcase.

LeoNY
Coach

Post by LeoNY » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:31 am

GregParks wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:33 pm
https://twitter.com/XFLDC/status/1154776368279896064

So XFL DC's Twitter continued to spotlight some of the talent that attended the Washington Showcase. Two of the four in the Tweet above were not on the DC Showcase roster. That could make people who have invested a lot of time in tracking showcase participants (most of those people are me) pretty nervous about what percentage of the participants for each Showcase were NOT on the rosters given to media at the event.
The XFL and Spring League posted a video on twitter of Eric Galko raving about Delaware Wide Receiver Andrew Verboys. Galko mentions how impressive he was at the DC Showcase. Looks like we have another player who wasn’t listed on a Showcase roster.

Here is the link to the tweet/video.

https://twitter.com/TheSpringLeague/sta ... 19520?s=20

MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:44 am

LeoNY wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:31 am
GregParks wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:33 pm
https://twitter.com/XFLDC/status/1154776368279896064

So XFL DC's Twitter continued to spotlight some of the talent that attended the Washington Showcase. Two of the four in the Tweet above were not on the DC Showcase roster. That could make people who have invested a lot of time in tracking showcase participants (most of those people are me) pretty nervous about what percentage of the participants for each Showcase were NOT on the rosters given to media at the event.
The XFL and Spring League posted a video on twitter of Eric Galko raving about Delaware Wide Receiver Andrew Verboys. Galko mentions how impressive he was at the DC Showcase. Looks like we have another player who wasn’t listed on a Showcase roster.

Here is the link to the tweet/video.

https://twitter.com/TheSpringLeague/sta ... 19520?s=20
I saw the video as well. Verboys is a former high school QB who was at Umass and then transferred to Delaware and played alongside Vinny Papale. Verboys went undrafted and was cut by Montreal in the CFL this past June. He has some Edelman like ability but he is very raw. Interesting to see Galko speak highly of him and interesting that he wasn’t listed on the DC roster.

MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:48 am

https://twitter.com/TheSpringLeague/sta ... 96129?s=20

The above link is a list of today's Spring League game rosters. This is separate from the XFL's Summer Showcases. However, a lot of these players are playing with XFL rules, some have already worked out for the league at the XFL showcases and there's no doubt that some of these players will be signed to XFL contracts.

Just on a side note. TSL is also having a fall showcase in Atlanta on September 24th through the 27th. There is no doubt that the XFL football operations will be on hand to scout even more players heading into the October draft. Whether or not, this will be a fine tuning of the official XFL rules remains to be seen, but this partnership doesn't seem to be going away any time soon.

BringIt
Rookie

Post by BringIt » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:35 pm

Thanks for keeping this list up to date. Very interesting. These guys are all pretty much on hold until after NFL cuts.

One note, linebacker Richie Brown was called back up to the Falcons last week and will actually be playing some in the HOF game in Ohio this Thursday night against the Broncos.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/photos/f ... -additions

GregParks
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:29 pm

BringIt wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:35 pm
Thanks for keeping this list up to date. Very interesting. These guys are all pretty much on hold until after NFL cuts.

One note, linebacker Richie Brown was called back up to the Falcons last week and will actually be playing some in the HOF game in Ohio this Thursday night against the Broncos.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/photos/f ... -additions
Thanks for the note! I'll add Brown when I update tonight.
@gregmparks

LeoNY
Coach

Post by LeoNY » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 pm

It’s hard to keep track of NFL roster moves but The Eagles signed DB Asantay Brown and The Jets signed TE Nick Truesdell. Both players worked out at the XFL Summer Showcases.

These rosters change so much on a daily basis. Especially that bottom 75-90 on every NFL roster.