More Negativity about XFL St. Louis

XFL Football discussion.
Firecop
Running Back

Re: More Negativity about XFL St. Louis

Post by Firecop » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:15 pm

Well, I guess we can sure tell that no real exciting XFL news has been breaking lately; we're all commenting on punctuation! Sure wish they'd hurry up and release team names and colors; this is driving me crazy.

MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:29 pm

Firecop wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:15 pm
Well, I guess we can sure tell that no real exciting XFL news has been breaking lately; we're all commenting on punctuation! Sure wish they'd hurry up and release team names and colors; this is driving me crazy.
It's all about the players right now. With 4 showcases left, The Spring League starting tomorrow through Thursday, with the XFL there, scouting players and testing rules. Then it's Friday in LA and Saturday in Seattle.

All the team names are coming all at once in July. It could be right after the final Showcase in Missouri.

GDAWG
Quarterback

Post by GDAWG » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:36 pm

MikeMitchell wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:29 pm
Firecop wrote:
It's all about the players right now. With 4 showcases left, The Spring League starting tomorrow through Thursday, with the XFL there, scouting players and testing rules. Then it's Friday in LA and Saturday in Seattle.

All the team names are coming all at once in July. It could be right after the final Showcase in Missouri.
Hopefully the St. Louis team president should be announced after the final showcase, so than Ben Fredrickson of the St. Louis Post Dispatch can be even more negative about the team

MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:39 pm

GDAWG wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:36 pm
MikeMitchell wrote:
Firecop wrote:

Hopefully the St. Louis team president should be announced after the final showcase, so than Ben Fredrickson of the St. Louis Post Dispatch can be even more negative about the team
I think St.Louis is this week. In terms of announcing a team president. It's going to be someone with a sports business background. I don't think any former Rams from two decades ago, who played fullback are going to get the job.

GDAWG
Quarterback

Post by GDAWG » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:44 pm

MikeMitchell wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:39 pm
GDAWG wrote:
MikeMitchell wrote:

I think St.Louis is this week. In terms of announcing a team president. It's going to be someone with a sports business background. I don't think any former Rams from two decades ago, who played fullback are going to get the job.
It should be someone with ties to the city.

MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:47 pm

GDAWG wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:44 pm
MikeMitchell wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:39 pm
GDAWG wrote:

It should be someone with ties to the city.
I agree. Ideally, that would be the case. The hire is completely in Jeffrey Pollack's hands. It's completely his department. The Head Coaches are hiring their staffs and front office. Luck hired the head coaches with input from his team. Team Presidents are all Jeffrey Pollack hires. He brokered the Elevate Sports deal for ticket sales.

Shooter McGav1n
Receiver

Post by Shooter McGav1n » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:54 pm

MikeMitchell wrote:
Firecop wrote:

I think you’re right, we’ve heard team names will come out mid to late July.
My best guess, the Monday after the St Louis showcase they’ll announce a press conference for later in the week to announce team names, so we’re looking at probably July 18th. They won’t want to announce anything before the showcases, as it would overshadow the press coverage for those events. So they the give St Louis showcase story the weekend, and then Monday make their announcement of a press conference. This gives them a couple of days for the news to get out, so everyone can tune in to the name reveals. Thursday ends up being the best day because it gives them ample time for word to spread without announcing on Friday when many people are focused on other things. All of this happens right before NFL training camps really get underway and the attention goes to the NFL.

GDAWG
Quarterback

Post by GDAWG » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:56 pm

Even if the hire is someone with ties to the city, people are still going to want the team to have ties to the Greatest Show on Turf.

Shooter McGav1n
Receiver

Post by Shooter McGav1n » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:05 pm

GDAWG wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:56 pm
Even if the hire is someone with ties to the city, people are still going to want the team to have ties to the Greatest Show on Turf.
They’re just going to have to get over that. Trying to reunite the 1999 St Louis Rams isn’t going to win football games. At the end of the day exciting football and winning games is what will attract fans.

MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:09 pm

Shooter McGav1n wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:54 pm
MikeMitchell wrote:
Firecop wrote:

I think you’re right, we’ve heard team names will come out mid to late July.
My best guess, the Monday after the St Louis showcase they’ll announce a press conference for later in the week to announce team names, so we’re looking at probably July 18th. They won’t want to announce anything before the showcases, as it would overshadow the press coverage for those events. So they the give St Louis showcase story the weekend, and then Monday make their announcement of a press conference. This gives them a couple of days for the news to get out, so everyone can tune in to the name reveals. Thursday ends up being the best day because it gives them ample time for word to spread without announcing on Friday when many people are focused on other things. All of this happens right before NFL training camps really get underway and the attention goes to the NFL.
Everyone in the league told me July, before I was at the showcase, and that's what they told me at the NY showcase. Any delay would destroy all hope for the team name crowd.

There are two dry spells for the league. The second to last Showcase in Tampa on the 29th of this month. There is a two week break between that showcase and the one taking place in Missouri on July 13th. That's the first dry spell. The next is after the last showcase on 7/13. There's a two week window before the final round of game and rule testing with the Spring League on July 28th through the 31st. That takes place in San Diego. So from what I was told, all the names are going to be released at once, it will be in July, and that it will most likely be at a special event. Nothing like the September AAF youtube voice over reveals last year.