More Negativity about XFL St. Louis

XFL Football discussion.
Sounder
Quarterback

Re: More Negativity about XFL St. Louis

Post by Sounder » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:15 pm

I will also add....... that Vince already does business with 2k Sports who develops the very successful WWE games. So a deal to produce an XFL game seems like a natural fit.
It is a pause....... that's what all......the .......dots.......are........for.

XtremeFanForever
Running Back

Post by XtremeFanForever » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:23 pm

Sounder wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:15 pm
It is a pause....... that's what all......the .......dots.......are........for.
As AmericanNoise implied, periods and commas serve this same purpose. As do page breaks.
It's time to roar

RIP Xtreme; forever champions

Tank55
Quarterback

Post by Tank55 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:29 pm

I had to block Sounder. Seems like a good guy, but I couldn't handle the stream of consciousness posting.

Sounder
Quarterback

Post by Sounder » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:43 am

I don't know what you mean by "consciousness posting" .......but ......why........ would......you....... want.......to....... block......me. I never do anything wrong......unless promoting the XFL is offensive or something.

Sounder
Quarterback

Post by Sounder » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:12 am

Anyway.....if I'm to be blocked off this thread and not be allowed to partake........then I'll only say I've had fun. I strongly believe the league needs to do everything it can to promote it's brand and it's game even over the players because they'll largely be the same guys you saw in the AAF. And the media will still call it "second rate"...... which doesn't really sound good. I use the term "second tier" because the fact they're not NFL players doesn't mean they're not good players. They are. And over time stars will emerge. But it will take time. Maybe eventually Vince finds investors and they go after better talent. We'll see. Well that's it........goodbye I guess

Firecop
Running Back

Post by Firecop » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:43 am

WOW, a punctuation block? I sure hope that is a joke‽ I don't necessarily believe many of these players to be second rate or even second tier players. If I had to categorize them I'd say that some are second chance payers. There are only so many positions open in the NFL and not every player, no matter how talented or dedicated, can climb the pyramid and break through that barrier. It may have been due to an injury, immaturity, bad decision making, bad agent advice etc... If the XFL survives, many players will become stars and many will move on to the NFL; a one-week snapshot of a player does not a career make.

I used commas, periods, a semi-colon, a question mark, Ellipsis and even an interrobang; I hope I don't get blocked!

Ellipses can replace irrelevant parts in a quote and also can express hesitation, changes of mood, suspense, or thoughts trailing off. Writers also use ellipses to indicate a pause or wavering in an otherwise straightforward sentence. Thought we might as well be punctuation correct! ha ha
Direct from the Dragon's Lair

Tank55
Quarterback

Post by Tank55 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:45 pm

I would never joke about punctuation.

Firecop
Running Back

Post by Firecop » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:17 pm

I can see that, way too serious of a topic for joking.
Direct from the Dragon's Lair

XtremeFanForever
Running Back

Post by XtremeFanForever » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:11 pm

Tank55 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:45 pm
I would never joke about punctuation.
Missed a golden opportunity there, man.

I would never joke about punctuation. Period.
It's time to roar

RIP Xtreme; forever champions

Sounder
Quarterback

Post by Sounder » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:57 am

Now I..........ALWAYS take serious my punctuality....... it's just my style man!