2nd generation coaches/assistants

XFL Football discussion.
XFLGUY
Receiver

2nd generation coaches/assistants

Post by XFLGUY » Thu May 16, 2019 3:17 pm

So the hires of the coaches/gm’s team presidents/executives and other various assistants has been interesting. While some of them haven’t been exactly what many were looking or hoping for, I think for an initial startup spring league that’s attempting to blaze a new trail past the remains of every other has been league, I think overall the hires have been what could reasonably be best expected.

This leads to what could be termed the second generation or even second wave of talent that could, with a few years of league viability and experience, be available to the XFL. If the league can prove to be successful, those higher end coaches/assistants/executives will now at the very least be, I would think, open to the possibility of coming into the league. Whereas initially they wouldn’t have given the xfl a second thought, viability will introduce new opportunities everywhere in the league. It won’t be a windfall, but I believe you’ll start to see a trickle here and there as people start to look at this league as being stable.

MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Re: 2nd generation coaches/assistants

Post by MikeMitchell » Thu May 16, 2019 3:55 pm

The XFL is certainly the league of if’s, what if’s and maybes.

If the league makes it to year two or year three, and shows sustainability. It will start to attract more quality players and football personnel.

With coaches. There’s the money aspect. Coaching salaries have never been higher and there’s the long term security. Upstart league’s can talk a good game but it’s hard to provide guarantees when you are first starting up.