Glory
Americans
Sentinels
Warhawks

Dome Head
Kicker

Re: Washington Team Names

Post by Dome Head » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:37 pm

I kinda want the XFL to screw with the NFL and go with Warriors.

Given the name controversy with the Redskins, I've always thought if they finally dropped it like the Bullets the best transition would be to Warriors. Keep the uniforms and colors. Just change out the logo with a stylized W with a leaf pinned on.

I like digging at the NFL and seeing the DC team take that option away would be funny.

That said, from a weird standpoint I like Sentinels too - mainly because my wife and I always found Replacements charming. Shane Falco played for the Washington Sentinels (using the Ravens stadium as the home stadium for filming which is funny given Joe Flacco is on that team).

But a patriotic name is due.

I'd suggest Senators since the Nationals didn't become the third MLB team with the name.

Not crazy about but the Washington Justice.

Oh, I thought of one just now. The Washington Gavels. Unique. Given SCOTUS and the use of the gavel to bring sessions into order in Congress.

Military options work too. The Washington Bombers. I can see a logo using a Stealth Bomber or a classic B-52. Washington Infantry. Washington Grunts. Washington Tanks.

XFL_FAN
Quarterback

Post by XFL_FAN » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:50 pm

Dome Head wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Given the name controversy with the Redskins, I've always thought if they finally dropped it like the Bullets the best transition would be to Warriors. Keep the uniforms and colors. Just change out the logo with a stylized W with a leaf pinned on.

I like digging at the NFL and seeing the DC team take that option away would be funny.

That said, from a weird standpoint I like Sentinels too - mainly because my wife and I always found Replacements charming. Shane Falco played for the Washington Sentinels (using the Ravens stadium as the home stadium for filming which is funny given Joe Flacco is on that team).

I'd suggest Senators since the Nationals didn't become the third MLB team with the name.

Oh, I thought of one just now. The Washington Gavels. Unique. Given SCOTUS and the use of the gavel to bring sessions into order in Congress.

Military options work too. The Washington Bombers. I can see a logo using a Stealth Bomber or a classic B-52. Washington Infantry. Washington Grunts. Washington Tanks.
I like the Senators a lot, but I think the XFL is going for something more unique like Gavels or Justice.
The Name Prediction Signatures Are Here!:
New York Knights
Washington Guardians-Pep Hamilton
Tampa Bay Sharks-Marc Trestman
St. Louis Archers-Jim Haslett

Seattle Orcas-Jim Zorn
LA Sabercats
Houston Generals
Dallas Stampede-Bob Stoops

MikeMitchell
Quarterback

Post by MikeMitchell » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:57 am

Dome Head wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Believe it or not. Washington Warriors is trademarked by Dan Snyder. He should have already made the transition.

I like some of your name suggestions. I like War being in the title but in this day and age of the pc policing. It might be a tough sell.

Really sticking it to the NFL is naming The Washington team, the natives or The Americans. Even though those are very generic names.

I am partial to Warhorses because of how many statues of them exist in Washington. There’s like 50 of them with all the nations greatest leaders. Even though it doesn’t roll off the tongue great. I am big on alliteration and horse themed names. Just a personal preference.
922631CE-0F1B-4BD7-AE3F-1414CEFE805F.jpeg
922631CE-0F1B-4BD7-AE3F-1414CEFE805F.jpeg (47.05 KiB) Viewed 126 times