Upcoming Team Names

XFL Football discussion.
Joker
Receiver

Upcoming Team Names

Post by Joker » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:23 pm

Do you think the XFL will get crazy with the team names, like they did in 2001? Or will they do it more mainstream this time.

Asking for a friend. :D

XFLSTLOUIS
Kicker

Re: Upcoming Team Names

Post by XFLSTLOUIS » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:13 pm

Team names and logos with mascots will have a much larger appeal and generate much greater revenue in merchandise sales. The NFL has a proven model in that area. Team names that connect and inspire fans are key. In St. Louis the Stallions or Clydesdales would be huge.

MikeMitchell
Quarterback

Post by MikeMitchell » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:46 am

XFLSTLOUIS wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:13 pm
Team names and logos with mascots will have a much larger appeal and generate much greater revenue in merchandise sales. The NFL has a proven model in that area. Team names that connect and inspire fans are key. In St. Louis the Stallions or Clydesdales would be huge.
I am all in on Clydesdales. Especially if the league can monetize it by working with Budweiser.

MikeMitchell
Quarterback

Post by MikeMitchell » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:48 am

Joker wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:23 pm
Do you think the XFL will get crazy with the team names, like they did in 2001? Or will they do it more mainstream this time.

Asking for a friend. :D
I have a feeling that if The XFL were to leave it up to the fans. Xtreme and Hitmen would return.

I think that the league is going to try and be unique but steer clear of being offensive or gimmicky.

mnelson
Receiver

Post by mnelson » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:20 pm

We should be ready for the team names, logos and colors to be released soon. They may start to leak out before the official release. This is what occurred in XFL version 1.

MikeMitchell
Quarterback

Post by MikeMitchell » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:27 pm

mnelson wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:20 pm
We should be ready for the team names, logos and colors to be released soon. They may start to leak out before the official release. This is what occurred in XFL version 1.
That’s very possible.

The league seems to be hinting towards that in recent weeks on social media. Suggesting during interactions with fans that the names may already be decided upon.

I remember a big thing in version 1 was that the league was going to steer clear of any animal based team names. The XFL on Twitter has hinted that all options are on the table and that the group of names this time may be a combination of animals, people or elemental things like Wind, Thunder etc