XFL Draft Tracker

XFL Football discussion.
LeoNY
Quarterback

Re: XFL Draft Tracker

Post by LeoNY » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:08 pm

Happy to see Tyree Jackson in the draft pool. He could be someone penciled in as a #2 Quarterback who emerges as a starter.

MGB01
Running Back

Post by MGB01 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:34 pm

T.J. Jones was active for the Giants against the Redskins a couple weeks back, maybe that works against the league (he worked out for the Packers on Monday, so odds are leaning towards it), maybe it doesn't. Either way it's good to see them coming strong here.

As opposed to say, signing a guy that last played in the NFL in 2012 and playing him as a major signing ;)

GregParks
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:51 pm

Combing through today's release of players in preparation for updating my Spreadsheet, it looks like we may have our second college player in the draft - OT Craig McCorkle from Cal (Pa.). He should be a senior this year based on his profile on the team's website last season; however, he's not listed on this season's roster.
@gregmparks

LeoNY
Quarterback

Post by LeoNY » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:33 am

GregParks wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:51 pm
Combing through today's release of players in preparation for updating my Spreadsheet, it looks like we may have our second college player in the draft - OT Craig McCorkle from Cal (Pa.). He should be a senior this year based on his profile on the team's website last season; however, he's not listed on this season's roster.
Good find. Very interesting. The XFL is going to have enough players in the pool to field a 16 team league. That’s not including what happens in the supplemental draft in late November and the players that join after the NFL season.

GDAWG
Coach

Post by GDAWG » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:13 pm

Eric Dungey has signed with the Browns Practice Squad:

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/br ... XRUEKf0o24

GregParks
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:56 pm

I'm wondering if some teams will still take a chance on those in the draft pool who have since signed with NFL teams, banking on them becoming available between now and the start of mini-camp in December.
@gregmparks

GDAWG
Coach

Post by GDAWG » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:06 pm

LeoNY
Quarterback

Post by LeoNY » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:39 am

There seem to be some omissions. Maybe some of it has to do with salary or players opting against joining the XFL and not accepting the invite.

That could be the case with someone like a Karter Schult. He was released at final cuts and led the AAF in sacks last season. You have to figure that he received an invite. It’s possible that there are many names that didn’t accept.

SamTheRam28
Running Back

Post by SamTheRam28 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:06 pm

LeoNY wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:39 am
There seem to be some omissions. Maybe some of it has to do with salary or players opting against joining the XFL and not accepting the invite.

That could be the case with someone like a Karter Schult. He was released at final cuts and led the AAF in sacks last season. You have to figure that he received an invite. It’s possible that there are many names that didn’t accept.
https://twitter.com/KarterSchult/status ... 51457?s=19

Karter Schult didn't receive an invite. Baffling, honestly.
St. Louis BattleHawks

MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:42 pm

GregParks wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:56 pm
I'm wondering if some teams will still take a chance on those in the draft pool who have since signed with NFL teams, banking on them becoming available between now and the start of mini-camp in December.
This is possible. It’s a gamble for sure. A way of retaining that players rights if he becomes free. That’s a discussion with the commissioner that I would have if I were an XFL team. Can I draft a player that is technically on an NFL roster right now. What are the legal ramifications for it etc