The XFL signed one QB... and then crickets

XFL Football discussion.
Joker
Running Back

The XFL signed one QB... and then crickets

Post by Joker » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:16 pm

The XFL signed Landry Jones.... and there was much rejoicing. Everybody wondered which QB would be signed next.

That was almost a month ago.

Crickets... chirp... chirp.... chirp....
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.

XFLGUY
Receiver

Re: The XFL signed one QB... and then crickets

Post by XFLGUY » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:45 pm

And...? Take a seat and have some patience, I mean look how long the wait was for the team names..

johnnyangryfuzzball
Quarterback

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:09 am

Kind of becoming a habit, isn't it?

steinerfhc
Running Back

Post by steinerfhc » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:03 pm

They have several in the draft pool that likely be starters. While unsure how the tier one side of things play out but it's not like they don't have anybody. Just one signed to a guaranteed contract.

GregParks
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:51 pm

Some QBs they may be considering signing (for Tier 1 or otherwise) could be those who are also waiting on NFL offers. They may be taking this first month or two of the NFL season to see how many workout invites they get and see what interest levels are from teams. Those who may be one injury away from getting signed may decide to hold out longer to see if something in the NFL comes up. Those who, after the first few weeks, aren't getting workout invites or visits they're expecting, may then decide to sign.

Rare is the guy who is (a) seen as worthy of a Tier-1 spot in this league yet who (b) also isn't on the NFL radar. Landry Jones was a bit of a unicorn in that regard, and I think he took a little bit of a chance signing with the XFL when he did.
@gregmparks