XFL games will feature premium sideline seating

XFL Football discussion.
admin
Site Admin

XFL games will feature premium sideline seating

Post by admin » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:22 pm

https://xflboard.com/news/2019/09/10/xf ... e-seating/

Speaking at the VenuesNow Conference in New York, Elevate Sports Ventures chief executive Al Guido has revealed that XFL games will feature premium sideline seating that will give fans a bold new version of a front-row view.

Guido did not announce how how much these seats would cost. As far as safety is concerned, he clarified that “fans in these seats would remain safe.”

Earlier this year, the XFL signed a two-year partnership with Elevate Sports Ventures to help guide and support ticket sales for the league’s eight teams ahead of its launch in February 2020.

Elevate – a joint venture of the San Francisco 49ers, Harris Blitzer Sports and Entertainment, Ticketmaster, Live Nation, and the Oakview Group – will use “data-driven sales and digital marketing strategies and applications” for the XFL.

Guido, who is also the president of the San Francisco 49ers, said if the initiative goes well the National Football League may consider taking it on.

Joker
Running Back

Re: XFL games will feature premium sideline seating

Post by Joker » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:46 pm

This is cool. I see the XFL is doing it first, and the NFL will follow. Sounds about right.
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.

johnnyangryfuzzball
Quarterback

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:55 pm

That might explain the usage of the soccer-specific stadiums like Audi Field and ROKiT/Dignity Health in LA. Their front row seats are literally at eye level with the players. Not sure how Globe Life Park is configured for football but I know a lot of baseball parks have similar low sightlines; likewise, I have questions about Seattle. The gridiron-only stadiums (e.g. New York, Tampa Bay, St. Louis)... those might require some renovations to pull that off. Houston's stadium is all bleacher seats so that can be adapted pretty easily and cheaply.

The issue that comes up with that is the sidelines. All the other players on the sidelines would block the view of the game. Now, I've proposed in the past to use a system that's been used occasionally with stadiums that have weird dimensions: put both teams on the same side of the field with the chain crew, ideally the one opposite the press box (for camera shots the way the old XFL did). That way you have one side of the stadium with a clear, unobstructed view of the field.

But... as with most of my suggestions, I doubt the XFL will take them.

MGB01
Running Back

Post by MGB01 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:30 pm

Ultimately it'd be more convenient to have the Dragons play at T-Mobile Park but the one-game experiment was tried before, the 2001 Seattle Bowl and it didn't go well (about as much as that Northwestern/Illinois game at Wrigley a few years back). Interestingly enough, Oracle (which is where the game ended up) had both teams on the sideline, either during one of those games or when Cal played there.

Personally I'd rather have the synergy with the Seahawks/Sounders (especially the latter with Gustafson) than the Mariners, not only a joke on the field but easily the least popular team in Seattle cause of their obstruction of the Sonics return--when there was a chance.

Tank55
Quarterback

Post by Tank55 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:49 am

What would make T-Mobile Park more convenient?

I hadn't heard the Mariners blocked an NBA return. That's pretty messed up.

MGB01
Running Back

Post by MGB01 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:44 pm

If Seattle gets dumped in February again you can simply close the roof at T-Mobile, plus you eliminate potential scheduling issues (Sounders/conventions). although with the MLB season opening earlier than it did in 2001 you'd have the Dragons playing three straight road games to end the year--hardly ideal. So that said, I'd give T-Mobile the nod (slightly) in covenience, but CL for everything else.

Howard Lincoln publicly took the weasel 'We do but..........' position (which might as well read STAY OUT), and John Stanton reiterated it when he took over in Jan 2016. Sure, an argument can be made for territorial protection but the Hawks and Sounders supported it (RW became part of the arena-backing group), undercutting that to shreds.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mar ... -driveway/

The Hawks' only concern was enforcement of the time-scheduling issue, that surprise surprise the Mariners (not mentioned here) would break and occasionally play games at the same time the Sounders were playing next door--it was a thing for a year, but then the Mariners got gifted an additional home series against the Marlins in 2011 (because of a U2 concert) and with the Sounders playing at CL the M's ended up playing at 7:05 (local) on a Sunday night. Poor babies.

Joker
Running Back

Post by Joker » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:22 pm

More XFL innovation. I like it!
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.