XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

XFL Football discussion.
LeoNY
Receiver
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 8:20 pm

Re: XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

Post by LeoNY » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:55 pm

There’s over a dozen players with Missouri playing backgrounds on the roster. That’s to be expected. A lot of schools that you would expect from this region like Penn State, Notre Dame, Michigan, Illinois, Northwestern, Michigan State, Iowa etc

It’s almost 900 players working out after today. Not a bad group for what is going to be the bottom half of the XFL’s rosters.

LeoNY
Receiver
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 8:20 pm

Re: XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

Post by LeoNY » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:56 pm

Will Freeman confirmed on Twitter that Perez and Mettenberger both worked out today. I think that four of the QBs that worked out today, might get XFL contracts. In Cook, Mettenberger, Perez and Allen.

Dynamofan1
Receiver
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:59 am

Re: XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

Post by Dynamofan1 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:06 pm

It makes sense to me that several players would wait for the St. LOUIS Showcase simply to get in better shape. I noticed several players from different regions on this roster.
If I were a prospect and could afford it I would have waited for the very last showcase in order to be in top shape and hopefully put up good try out numbers for the October draft and or free agent signing period. So the fact that the last 2 showcases have had larger rosters doesn't surprise me.
On a different note, WHERE ARE THE NAMES AND LOGOS?????

LeoNY
Receiver
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 8:20 pm

Re: XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

Post by LeoNY » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:02 pm

Dynamofan1 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:06 pm
It makes sense to me that several players would wait for the St. LOUIS Showcase simply to get in better shape. I noticed several players from different regions on this roster.
If I were a prospect and could afford it I would have waited for the very last showcase in order to be in top shape and hopefully put up good try out numbers for the October draft and or free agent signing period. So the fact that the last 2 showcases have had larger rosters doesn't surprise me.
On a different note, WHERE ARE THE NAMES AND LOGOS?????
They are never going to be revealed. The league has decided to just go by city names instead. The logos will be of the city names alone. XFL Dallas and so forth. The names just cheapen the cities anyway.

In all seriousness, I agree with your point about players wisely putting off invites till later.

Dynamofan1
Receiver
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:59 am

Re: XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

Post by Dynamofan1 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:29 pm

Let's do soccer names:
Dallas United
Houston F.C.
F.C. Seattle
Los Angeles United
Washington A.F.C
And so on.

Shooter McGav1n
Receiver
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 12:45 am

Re: XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

Post by Shooter McGav1n » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:01 am

As a PA guy, it was good to see Brandon Bell on the list. He was a 3 year starter and one of the better players on a couple of pretty good PSU teams. He spent two seasons in the NFL with the Bengals as a practice squad player and even made the 53 man roster a few times.

User avatar
MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 1369
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

Post by MikeMitchell » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:58 am

Shooter McGav1n wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:01 am
As a PA guy, it was good to see Brandon Bell on the list. He was a 3 year starter and one of the better players on a couple of pretty good PSU teams. He spent two seasons in the NFL with the Bengals as a practice squad player and even made the 53 man roster a few times.
Good player. Another player like Connor Cook, who has spent time with the Bengals when Jon Hayes was there.

XFLInSTL
Receiver
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 3:17 pm

Re: XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

Post by XFLInSTL » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:41 pm

MikeMitchell wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:58 am
Shooter McGav1n wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:01 am
As a PA guy, it was good to see Brandon Bell on the list. He was a 3 year starter and one of the better players on a couple of pretty good PSU teams. He spent two seasons in the NFL with the Bengals as a practice squad player and even made the 53 man roster a few times.
Good player. Another player like Connor Cook, who has spent time with the Bengals when Jon Hayes was there.
Cook would be a strong backup for someone like Brandon Silvers.
St. Louis Stallions

User avatar
MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 1369
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

Post by MikeMitchell » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:46 pm

XFLInSTL wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:41 pm
MikeMitchell wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:58 am
Shooter McGav1n wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:01 am
As a PA guy, it was good to see Brandon Bell on the list. He was a 3 year starter and one of the better players on a couple of pretty good PSU teams. He spent two seasons in the NFL with the Bengals as a practice squad player and even made the 53 man roster a few times.
Good player. Another player like Connor Cook, who has spent time with the Bengals when Jon Hayes was there.
Cook would be a strong backup for someone like Brandon Silvers.
That would be an awesome 1, 2 at Quarterback. Two young quarterbacks with upside. Jury is still out on Cook. He’s only 26 with 21 career pass attempts. I am a huge fan of Silvers for sure.

Sounder
Quarterback
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:04 am

Re: XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

Post by Sounder » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:29 pm

One thing I'm hoping to see this league do is make stars out of guys who otherwise might not be seen. Not so much on well used NFL veterans and castoffs or AAF leftovers although many of them will be present.....and they are needed somewhat ....because of the football experience they bring to make for competent competition. I'm talking guys who went undrafted or maybe some that were but for some reason didn't stick. Guys we haven't seen above college level who may eventually make the big fall show but you saw them in the XFL first. It shouldn't be "where does Johnny Manziel land?". or Trent Richardson or any other guy we've already seen fail. They can bring you down more than their publicity is worth.

Post Reply