Shooter McGav1n
Kicker

Re: More Negativity about XFL St. Louis

Post by Shooter McGav1n » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:24 pm

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:55 pm
Sounder wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:53 pm
Just wanna say that I'm happy to announce that I thought wrong..... the St. Louis Blues actually came through in a situation where I was absolutely convinced it was going the Bruin's way......given that Boston teams win everything right?.....NOT THIS TIME,!!!!
Congratulations for St. Louis. THIS could be good for the XFL.
Or it could be bad. Usually alternative leagues succeed when the mainstream competition is an abysmal failure, as sports fans desperately look for something to believe in.

Of all the teams in the XFL, St. Louis is the one I want to succeed the most, but this win means that they'll be competing for dollars with a Stanley Cup champion. Given the choice between a Stanley Cup champion and what appears at this point to be the worst team in a second-rate league, which one do you think is going to draw more fans?
There are plenty of football fans who don’t follow hockey. As for those who are fans of both, some will choose hockey, some will choose football, and others will do both.

Also, I think it’s way too early to be making assumptions on which teams are the best or worst. XFLStL still has a lot of coaches to hire and none of the teams have any players yet.

Tank55
Quarterback

Post by Tank55 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:30 pm

I'd say it's a false choice. You can be a Blues fan and an XFL fan, just as you could be a Blues fan and a Rams fan. If St. Louis isn't capable of supporting three whole teams, the XFL made a terrible choice going there.

MikeMitchell
Head Coach

Post by MikeMitchell » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:40 pm

Tank55 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:30 pm
I'd say it's a false choice. You can be a Blues fan and an XFL fan, just as you could be a Blues fan and a Rams fan. If St. Louis isn't capable of supporting three whole teams, the XFL made a terrible choice going there.
Exactly. St. Louis is a leap of faith by the league. The XFL is taking a chance. They are the smallest of the league's 8 TV markets. (21st)

St. Louis provides a good venue, and what seems like an ideal spot for spring pro football, due to them playing indoors. The city seems like good partners. So can STL shake the perception of being a lukewarm football city, and a fair weather fan market. We will find out. They are going to get pro football on a grand scale. Do they really want football? We shall see.

GDAWG
Quarterback

Post by GDAWG » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:41 pm

MikeMitchell wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:40 pm
Tank55 wrote:
Exactly. St. Louis is a leap of faith by the league. The XFL is taking a chance. They are the smallest of the league's 8 TV markets. (21st)

St. Louis provides a good venue, and what seems like an ideal spot for spring pro football, due to them playing indoors. The city seems like good partners. So can STL shake the perception of being a lukewarm football city, and a fair weather fan market. We will find out. They are going to get pro football on a grand scale. Do they really want football? We shall see.
I think getting support from the Blues and Cardinals would help a lot.

MikeMitchell
Head Coach

Post by MikeMitchell » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:44 pm

GDAWG wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:41 pm
MikeMitchell wrote:
Tank55 wrote:

It won't hurt. I am sure that the XFL will honor the Blues, as they have already on social media. They want to make nice for sure.

GDAWG
Quarterback

Post by GDAWG » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:51 pm

MikeMitchell wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:44 pm
GDAWG wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:41 pm
MikeMitchell wrote:

It won't hurt. I am sure that the XFL will honor the Blues, as they have already on social media. They want to make nice for sure.
Well, when they kickoff, the Blues and Cardinals should acknowledge them.

It's how I think the XFL can succeed, if the other pro sports teams acknowledge the XFL teams. I know in Dallas, the teams support each other. When Dirk Nowitzki retired, the Cowboys, Rangers, Stars and FC Dallas celebrated Dirk on their social media pages. The Cowboys, Mavericks, Rangers and FC Dallas were tweeting support of the Dallas Stars when they made their playoff run. The Dallas sports teams support each other. If the Rangers make a deep run in the baseball playoffs, I have no doubts that the Cowboys, Stars, Mavericks and FC Dallas will support the Rangers. Heck, the Rangers had Mavericks Night last week, with Dirk throwing out the first pitch.

Sounder
Running Back

Post by Sounder » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:28 pm

Once upon a time.......there was a game developer .......2k Sports who made a game......NFL 2k5 which disturbed EA......developer of the Madden series......enough to gobble up exclusive NFL rights........shutting 2k out........and fans have long wondered if 2k could develop a game for today's platforms that would excite players tired of Madden's yearly roster updates and limited actual game improvement.
Could the XFL provide that opportunity? Would be a great way to get your brand out there to the geek masses: I'm one of those.

IMG_20190614_131506.jpg
IMG_20190614_131506.jpg (198.1 KiB) Viewed 72 times

XFL. 2K20 featuring the St. Louis Clydesdales......this is no curse.

GDAWG
Quarterback

Post by GDAWG » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:27 pm

Sounder wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:28 pm
Once upon a time.......there was a game developer .......2k Sports who made a game......NFL 2k5 which disturbed EA......developer of the Madden series......enough to gobble up exclusive NFL rights........shutting 2k out........and fans have long wondered if 2k could develop a game for today's platforms that would excite players tired of Madden's yearly roster updates and limited actual game improvement.
Could the XFL provide that opportunity? Would be a great way to get your brand out there to the geek masses: I'm one of those.

IMG_20190614_131506.jpg

XFL. 2K20 featuring the St. Louis Clydesdales......this is no curse.
I think it's way too soon for a video game.

Sounder
Running Back

Post by Sounder » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:54 pm

Seeing that the league has no official team names, logos, uniforms, or players......it would be impossible for a developer......even with a pre-built game engine......to make a game based on nothing more than just the league name......and release it in time for the league launch...... so assuming the league makes it through year one......perhaps there could be XFL 2K21.

AmericanNoise
Rookie

Post by AmericanNoise » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:07 pm

Is it just me or is this Sounder guy adding way too many ....

I don’t wanna be rude but there are things known as punctuation marks, such as commas and periods.

Anyways it’s still too early to tell which teams will be more successful than others. I am pretty certain the Dallas team is fine, Stoops throwing first pitches and it being the main reason Globe Life Park will still be in use come 2020 and later.