Dallas Team Names

Globe Life Park, Dallas, Texas.
User avatar
Joker
Running Back
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:35 pm

Dallas Team Names

Post by Joker » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:26 pm

Dallas Darts? Dallas Posse?

Dallas Roughriders? (Stolen from the CFL :D )
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.

User avatar
MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 1594
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: Dallas Team Names

Post by MikeMitchell » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:44 am

Joker wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:26 pm
Dallas Darts? Dallas Posse?

Dallas Roughriders? (Stolen from the CFL :D )
Posse has been a rumored name. Not sure how I feel about that.

I like The Dallas Dark Horses.

MarkNelson
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:09 pm

Re: Dallas Team Names

Post by MarkNelson » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:27 pm

Dallas Desperados ??

User avatar
XFL2020
Kicker
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:01 am

Re: Dallas Team Names

Post by XFL2020 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:09 am

Dallas Dodgers

User avatar
MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 1594
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: Dallas Team Names

Post by MikeMitchell » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:35 pm

XFL2020 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:09 am
Dallas Dodgers
A lot of D's in these name suggestions. I know that doesn't come off right. :D

If we are going with alliteration.

Defenders
Dinosaurs
Dragons

User avatar
XFL_FAN
Coach
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:43 pm

Re: Dallas Team Names

Post by XFL_FAN » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:30 pm

MikeMitchell wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:35 pm
XFL2020 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:09 am
Dallas Dodgers
A lot of D's in these name suggestions. I know that doesn't come off right. :D

If we are going with alliteration.

Defenders
Dinosaurs
Dragons
Dallas Dragons would be a great name, but i don't think they'll pick it unfortunately... Also Dallas Posse is something I could live with.
"LA Stands for Excellence" -Winston Moss

Let's Go Cats!

User avatar
MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 1594
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: Dallas Team Names

Post by MikeMitchell » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:59 pm

XFL_FAN wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:30 pm
MikeMitchell wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:35 pm
XFL2020 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:09 am
Dallas Dodgers
A lot of D's in these name suggestions. I know that doesn't come off right. :D

If we are going with alliteration.

Defenders
Dinosaurs
Dragons
Dallas Dragons would be a great name, but i don't think they'll pick it unfortunately... Also Dallas Posse is something I could live with.
As fans, we keep suggesting USFL and old XFL names. NFL Europe names get kind of forgotten. Oliver Luck was president of that league. I don’t think we will see Fire, Thunder or Galaxy but Dragons was one of those names with Barcelona’s team. Dallas is a city always known as “Big D”. Dragons and Dinosaurs would kind of fit that motif.

A lot of fans online like The Dallas Posse name. It could be cool as long as mature fans don’t make fun of it sounding like something else.

User avatar
XFL_FAN
Coach
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:43 pm

Re: Dallas Team Names

Post by XFL_FAN » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:20 pm

One rumored team name for XFL Dallas is the Stampede. Here is a mock logo:
854f1994-42af-4cd5-92c5-bcb52da3a83d (2).jpeg
854f1994-42af-4cd5-92c5-bcb52da3a83d (2).jpeg (23.15 KiB) Viewed 1756 times
"LA Stands for Excellence" -Winston Moss

Let's Go Cats!

Dome Head
Kicker
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:32 pm

Re: Dallas Team Names

Post by Dome Head » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:10 pm

I mean, its near impossible to do something in Dallas and not have it be western themed in some sense. It's such a big part of the identity.

It's different than say Houston that has something unique like NASA to draw from.

A lot of names are out there that are great, like Stampede. I'm a fan of that.

I'm also thinking of names like Ranchers, Tycoons, and the Dallas Drive.

User avatar
MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 1594
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: Dallas Team Names

Post by MikeMitchell » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:07 pm

Dome Head wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:10 pm
I mean, its near impossible to do something in Dallas and not have it be western themed in some sense. It's such a big part of the identity.

It's different than say Houston that has something unique like NASA to draw from.

A lot of names are out there that are great, like Stampede. I'm a fan of that.

I'm also thinking of names like Ranchers, Tycoons, and the Dallas Drive.
Tycoons is a funny name. I'd love to see that logo. You are right about western themes.

Post Reply