The final four XFL Head Coach/GM openings

XFL Football discussion.
User avatar
MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 1507
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: The final four XFL Head Coach/GM openings

Post by MikeMitchell » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:35 pm

XFL_FAN wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:18 pm
BengalErnst wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:09 pm
Vince and Oliver knew the AAF was dying. I’m guessing they thought it wouldn’t even make it this far and it wouldn’t have without Dundon. I’m hoping for Martz to St Louis XFL and Spurrier to any of the other teams. The rest of the AAF coaches can be brought in as assistants
That theory holds up since the AAF contacted the XFL for a merger in December. They knew the AAF wouldn't last long after that and they may want some of their coaches.
It’s go time for the league. Once they wrap up the TSL business this week. They need to start finalizing the rest of their coaches and team presidents starting next week. The AAF folding certainly threw a monkey wrench into things and negotiations take time but it’s getting close to go time.
Last edited by MikeMitchell on Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
XFL_FAN
Coach
Posts: 720
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:43 pm

Re: The final four XFL Head Coach/GM openings

Post by XFL_FAN » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:47 pm

MikeMitchell wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:35 pm
XFL_FAN wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:18 pm
BengalErnst wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:09 pm
Vince and Oliver knew the AAF was dying. I’m guessing they thought it wouldn’t even make it this far and it wouldn’t have without Dundon. I’m hoping for Martz to St Louis XFL and Spurrier to any of the other teams. The rest of the AAF coaches can be brought in as assistants
That theory holds up since the AAF contacted the XFL for a merger in December. They knew the AAF wouldn't last long after that and they may want some of their coaches.
It’s go time for the league. Once they wrap up the TSL business this week. They need to start finalizing the rest of their coaches and team presidents starting next week. The AAF folding certainly threw a monkey wrench into things and negations take time but it’s getting close to go time.
Let's hope they start announcing things next week. Everybody has been waiting months for these team names. 3 teams don't have a head coach or a president. It would be nice if by June 1st the framework is laid.
Teams I'm Thinking About Rooting For:

1.Dallas
2.DC
3.Houston
4.LA
5.NY
6.Seattle
7.Tampa Bay
8.St. Louis

GDAWG
Quarterback
Posts: 471
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:15 pm

Re: The final four XFL Head Coach/GM openings

Post by GDAWG » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:52 am

If we are still in a holding pattern by June, I think that there's cause for concern.

Xfldcnews
Receiver
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:54 pm

Re: The final four XFL Head Coach/GM openings

Post by Xfldcnews » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:25 am

I have a feeling that we will get announcements this weekend about coaches. And sometime later next week team names.

Andibald
Coach
Posts: 502
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:38 pm

Re: The final four XFL Head Coach/GM openings

Post by Andibald » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:22 pm

NY officially announcing tomorrow (4-16-19). If they continue with a new coach or announcement each week, that will get us to mid May (Colin Cowherd FOX?) for the TV announcement and the team names before memorial weekend!

User avatar
XFL_FAN
Coach
Posts: 720
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:43 pm

Re: The final four XFL Head Coach/GM openings

Post by XFL_FAN » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:23 pm

Andibald wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:22 pm
NY officially announcing tomorrow (4-16-19). If they continue with a new coach or announcement each week, that will get us to mid May (Colin Cowherd FOX?) for the TV announcement and the team names before memorial weekend!
Fingers crossed! :)
Teams I'm Thinking About Rooting For:

1.Dallas
2.DC
3.Houston
4.LA
5.NY
6.Seattle
7.Tampa Bay
8.St. Louis

User avatar
MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 1507
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: The final four XFL Head Coach/GM openings

Post by MikeMitchell » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:33 pm

Andibald wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:22 pm
NY officially announcing tomorrow (4-16-19). If they continue with a new coach or announcement each week, that will get us to mid May (Colin Cowherd FOX?) for the TV announcement and the team names before memorial weekend!
To follow that is the Summer Showcase tryout camps in all 8 of the XFL cities. Summer officially begins in late June. The AAF did their "combine" tryout camps in August of last year. Charged players 187 dollars. I suppose that it's to only encourage serious players.

If the XFL does their tryout camps in June or July, Doug Whaley has stated that it won't be the underwear Olympics, like running 40's etc... That means football plays. You have to wear uniforms for that. Will we get the team names and uniforms before the tryout camps. You would figure that would be the case.

Andibald
Coach
Posts: 502
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:38 pm

Re: The final four XFL Head Coach/GM openings

Post by Andibald » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:38 pm

MikeMitchell wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:33 pm
Andibald wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:22 pm
NY officially announcing tomorrow (4-16-19). If they continue with a new coach or announcement each week, that will get us to mid May (Colin Cowherd FOX?) for the TV announcement and the team names before memorial weekend!
To follow that is the Summer Showcase tryout camps in all 8 of the XFL cities. Summer officially begins in late June. The AAF did their "combine" tryout camps in August of last year. Charged players 187 dollars. I suppose that it's to only encourage serious players.

If the XFL does their tryout camps in June or July, Doug Whaley has stated that it won't be the underwear Olympics, like running 40's etc... That means football plays. You have to wear uniforms for that. Will we get the team names and uniforms before the tryout camps. You would figure that would be the case.
That will work out well...having something positive to talk about with family and friends during holiday weekends instead of complaining about no new info.

User avatar
MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 1507
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: The final four XFL Head Coach/GM openings

Post by MikeMitchell » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:01 pm

Andibald wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:38 pm
MikeMitchell wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:33 pm
Andibald wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:22 pm
NY officially announcing tomorrow (4-16-19). If they continue with a new coach or announcement each week, that will get us to mid May (Colin Cowherd FOX?) for the TV announcement and the team names before memorial weekend!
To follow that is the Summer Showcase tryout camps in all 8 of the XFL cities. Summer officially begins in late June. The AAF did their "combine" tryout camps in August of last year. Charged players 187 dollars. I suppose that it's to only encourage serious players.

If the XFL does their tryout camps in June or July, Doug Whaley has stated that it won't be the underwear Olympics, like running 40's etc... That means football plays. You have to wear uniforms for that. Will we get the team names and uniforms before the tryout camps. You would figure that would be the case.
That will work out well...having something positive to talk about with family and friends during holiday weekends instead of complaining about no new info.

The other announcements are schedules. I personally would love to see that with the TV announcement. How feasible that is?, Who knows?.... A lot of the details in finalizing the tv contracts is working on setting schedules, so that they can work around their tv partners programming schedules. The early, the XFL has their schedules in place. The sooner that they can start selling individual game tickets. You want to get a jump on that. Sell tickets for like 6 to 7 straight months before kickoff in St.Louis for example. Promote the living hell out of it.

There's also staff hires, which we are getting a bit of now. I expect complete coaching staffs to be completed by June.

After the camps, it's setting up training camps and of course the proposed draft in September at some point after the 864 player cut down in the NFL. The only question there is when do we start seeing official league player signings. Nothing concrete on that yet.

User avatar
Tank55
Quarterback
Posts: 403
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:57 pm

Re: The final four XFL Head Coach/GM openings

Post by Tank55 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:18 pm

MikeMitchell wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:33 pm
Charged players 187 dollars. I suppose that it's to only encourage serious players.
It's just a cash grab. $187 is more than the AAF was asking for season tickets. If they wanted only serious players, they could make that happen with agents. I covered a few UFL "open tryouts" in Georgia that I swear netted more revenue than any of their games.

On the one hand, it's awfully hard to ask a startup to pass up easy money makers. On the other hand, you're capitalizing on the dreams of guys who often can't afford to be dropping $187. The UFL tryout I went to felt exploitative.

Post Reply