Top Coaching Candidates

The Dome, St. Louis, Missouri
XFLSTLOUIS
Kicker
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:43 pm

Top Coaching Candidates

Post by XFLSTLOUIS » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:01 pm

Mike Furrey
Todd Lyght
Isaac Bruce
Marc Bulger

User avatar
XFL2020
Kicker
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:01 am

Re: Top Coaching Candidates

Post by XFL2020 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:08 am

Good choices. When will they name the Coaches?

User avatar
MikeMitchell
Quarterback
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: Top Coaching Candidates

Post by MikeMitchell » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:43 pm

XFL2020 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:08 am
Good choices. When will they name the Coaches?
That’s supposed to be their first moves. I am assuming in the next month. Probably in February. I think the league is going to hire team presidents and head coaches for each city before beginning the quarterback signing process.

User avatar
MikeMitchell
Quarterback
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: Top Coaching Candidates

Post by MikeMitchell » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:48 pm

XFLSTLOUIS wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:01 pm
Mike Furrey
Todd Lyght
Isaac Bruce
Marc Bulger
I love all 4 choices.

I would throw in Aeneas Williams as a possibility. He’s a respected figure there. He’s never taken on coaching full time but has done it on a few occasions in college all star games. Williams is in the Saint Louis Sports Hall of Fame and is the founding pastor of Spirit Church in St.Ann, a suburb in St. Louis. The St. Louis Spirits?

XFLSTLOUIS
Kicker
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:43 pm

Re: Top Coaching Candidates

Post by XFLSTLOUIS » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:11 am

Great call on A. Williams if he would be interested. He is an amazing leader. What about a coaching staff that would be the following:

I.Bruce -HC
M. Furrey -OC
M. Bulger - QBs
T. Lyght - DC
A. William- DBs

Start the season with honoring Orlando Pace and Kurt Warner with HOF ceremony at half time of first game. The honor Ike Bruce for a HOF ceremony for the last game of season. St. Louis would rock the Dome just like the GSOT days

User avatar
MikeMitchell
Quarterback
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: Top Coaching Candidates

Post by MikeMitchell » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:13 am

XFLSTLOUIS wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:11 am
Great call on A. Williams if he would be interested. He is an amazing leader. What about a coaching staff that would be the following:

I.Bruce -HC
M. Furrey -OC
M. Bulger - QBs
T. Lyght - DC
A. William- DBs

Start the season with honoring Orlando Pace and Kurt Warner with HOF ceremony at half time of first game. The honor Ike Bruce for a HOF ceremony for the last game of season. St. Louis would rock the Dome just like the GSOT days
I love the idea of honoring Saint Louis Football history. Very classy. The XFL has gotta make a big deal about this team being born in St. Louis.

Dome Head
Kicker
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:32 pm

Re: Top Coaching Candidates

Post by Dome Head » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:42 am

What is Lovie Smith doing these days?

In the AAF they've gotten older out of football coaches with experience. Martz with the San Diego team makes sense and should be interesting.

Lovie was D coordinator under Martz with the Rams in Super Bowl 36. Of course he took the Bears to a Super Bowl too.

Seems ideal.

User avatar
MikeMitchell
Quarterback
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: Top Coaching Candidates

Post by MikeMitchell » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:47 am

Dome Head wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:42 am
What is Lovie Smith doing these days?

In the AAF they've gotten older out of football coaches with experience. Martz with the San Diego team makes sense and should be interesting.

Lovie was D coordinator under Martz with the Rams in Super Bowl 36. Of course he took the Bears to a Super Bowl too.

Seems ideal.
Lovie is coaching Illinois right now. Things aren’t really going that well there but he’s getting a huge salary there.

XFLSTLOUIS
Kicker
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:43 pm

Re: Top Coaching Candidates

Post by XFLSTLOUIS » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:48 pm

Benjamin Albright has stated that he thinks Jim Haslett will the GM/Head Coach for our St.Louis Team. He does have a ton of experience and NFL head coaching success plus he has ties to St. Louis. I hope Isaac Bruce is part of the coaching staff in some way.

MikeSherman
Receiver
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:33 pm

Re: Top Coaching Candidates

Post by MikeSherman » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:12 am

That seems like a weird fit, to be honest. Was Haslett popular in St. Louis? His defenses there were pretty lousy.

Post Reply