6/7 Dallas
6/8 Houston
6/14 New York
6/15 DC
6/21 Los Angeles
6/22 Seattle
6/29 Tampa
7/13 St. Louis

Who's going? I wish I could make it out to D.C.'s but that seems like a stretch. Might be willing to drive out to Dallas or Houston's if these are going to be fan-friendly.

MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Summer Showcase dates released

Post by MikeMitchell » Thu May 16, 2019 11:53 am

Tank55 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:20 am

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/1129023698432749569

6/7 Dallas
6/8 Houston
6/14 New York
6/15 DC
6/21 Los Angeles
6/22 Seattle
6/29 Tampa
7/13 St. Louis

Who's going? I wish I could make it out to D.C.'s but that seems like a stretch. Might be willing to drive out to Dallas or Houston's if these are going to be fan-friendly.
I am not sure if this is going to be open to the public. This is for the league’s staffs and players who want to be a part of the league.

From June 17-20. All XFL teams and the XFL’s entire football operations department, are going to be in Mission Veijo, California for the Spring League. The final phase of testing.

The 21st, The tryout camps resume in nearby LA.

This is essentially the first chase of player signings. I think participants in the tryouts and in The Spring League, are going to be first wave of players signed to league contracts.

The summer is going to be very busy for the league.

GDAWG
Coach

Post by GDAWG » Thu May 16, 2019 11:59 am

Will we get team names by then?

XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN » Thu May 16, 2019 12:20 pm

GDAWG wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:59 am
We should get them by then IMO...
"LA Stands for Excellence" -Winston Moss

Let's Go Cats!

MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell » Thu May 16, 2019 12:25 pm

GDAWG wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:59 am
I am hoping that it’s during this June/July period. If the names and logos are released first. I doubt that we will see the uniforms that quickly. Although that would be awesome to roll out everything at once.

We will probably get the name and logos first during the summer. Then the uniforms sometime after that.

There’s still the matter of the league announcing it’s official uniform outfitter. Helmet designer etc

XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN » Fri May 17, 2019 10:16 am

Bold prediction: we finally get the team names/logos before the showcase starts. Oliver Luck said in February that the Seattle and Tampa Bay names were picked. They said it was just a copyright thing. Jones gets announced on the 20th and then the week after we get those team names we've all been waiting for.

Let's Go Cats!

MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell » Fri May 17, 2019 12:59 pm

XFL_FAN wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:16 am
Bold prediction: we finally get the team names/logos before the showcase starts. Oliver Luck said in February that the Seattle and Tampa Bay names were picked. They said it was just a copyright thing. Jones gets announced on the 20th and then the week after we get those team names we've all been waiting for.
It would be awesome if these players were trying out with XFL gear on. Doug Whaley commented on the Summer Showcase tryout camps as not being “the underwear olympics”.

Team names and logos could be revealed in a month. I don’t know if full uniforms come out at the same time. We still don’t know the league’s uniform outfitter.

Keep in mind that even though these tryouts are in each individual team market. The camps are not just for each specific team in those markets. All 8 teams are supposed to be a part of each tryout/showcase. The football operations department will obviously be on site, they will be signing players to league contracts. Those that impress enough to earn those contracts.

The idea of placing these tryouts in all 8 team cities is as an olive branch. Almost a way of the league making these markets feel like they are a part of the league from the public player level. It’s like, come on down, we are going to give you a shot to be in our league.

I am interested about the other details involved here. Will the league take the AAF route and charge players for the tryout. The AAF charged each player nearly 200 dollars during their “combine”. These leagues say that they charge a fee to keep only serious candidates in play but that’s BS. I can see not covering travel costs or having players sign waivers or a small fee, but I hope that the XFL doesn’t pull a UFL/AAF scam.

MarkNelson
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson » Sat May 18, 2019 7:52 pm

I understand the "Summer Showcase" is by invitation only. Has anyone heard how a player gets invited?

Asking on behalf of all potential players.

XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN » Sat May 18, 2019 9:24 pm

mnelson wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 7:52 pm
I understand the "Summer Showcase" is by invitation only. Has anyone heard how a player gets invited?

I believe that you apply on the XFL Careers Page: https://www.teamworkonline.com/football ... l/xfl-jobs

And then after that you wait to see if you're invited to the showcase. (That's how some potential players on Twitter are doing it).

Let's Go Cats!

BringIt
Rookie

Post by BringIt » Sun May 19, 2019 5:09 pm

mnelson wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 7:52 pm

It will probably be through league contacting agents at this point. I know two players invited to Dallas personally. Impressed with league operations so far. You can tell leadership is strong and working hard.