XFL assigns three new quarterbacks

XFL Football discussion.
MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

XFL assigns three new quarterbacks

Post by MikeMitchell » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:48 am

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/1197 ... 46497?s=20

https://www.xfl.com/articles/wildcats-b ... arterbacks

As expected. This is what we talked about on the XFL Xtra Podcast last weekend. The XFL is not done in the quarterback business. Watch for January as well.
The XFL has announced the assignment of an additional quarterback to three teams:

Los Angeles Wildcats: Josh Johnson
St. Louis BattleHawks: Taylor Heinicke
Seattle Dragons: Chase Litton
“Our coaches and scouts are continuing to identify the very best talent available to the XFL and our teams, which elevates the level of competition,” XFL Commissioner and CEO Oliver Luck said. “We are excited to welcome these three talented quarterbacks to our league and look forward to mini-camp when our teams get on the field and competition begins.”
Last edited by MikeMitchell on Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

johnnyangryfuzzball
Quarterback

Re: XFL assigns three new quarterbacks

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:18 am

Heinicke has potential to be a good quarterback but the guy just can't seem to stay healthy if his life depends on it!

MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:35 am

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:18 am
Heinicke has potential to be a good quarterback but the guy just can't seem to stay healthy if his life depends on it!
Heinicke is small and fragile. He’s been injured on almost every NFL team that he is on. He is very accurate. Not a great arm but throws well with anticipation. Jordan Ta’amu has more physical talent than him but he is a raw rookie. So it will be interesting how it all plays out.

XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:56 am

Wow. Josh Johnson to the Cats. QB controversy incoming...
"LA Stands for Excellence" -Winston Moss

Let's Go Cats!

GDAWG
Coach

Post by GDAWG » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:00 pm

XFL_FAN wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:56 am
Wow. Josh Johnson to the Cats. QB controversy incoming...
Not really. What is more likely to happen is that he will play for every team in the XFL.

Tank55
Coach

Post by Tank55 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:15 pm

I'd certainly take Johnson over Perez.

MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:30 pm

Tank55 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:15 pm
I'd certainly take Johnson over Perez.
So would I. Luis Perez is doing all the right things so far. He's going to have to mature as a Quarterback. He's in the right system with real good weapons, but he might get a quick hook if he shows the same issues he had in Birmingham. Josh Johnson is a seasoned veteran. You put him with Rashad Ross, KD Cannon, and Nelson Spruce, and Johnson will be able to function and run Norm Chow's offense from day one. Luis Perez has very good talent and was prolific in college but his mechanics and consistency are an issue. He better be ready to go.

LeoNY
Coach

Post by LeoNY » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:50 pm

Seattle’s move is the most curious. They must really like Chase Litton. I am not so sure that he is better than Silvers, Callahan or Daniels. That’s going to be a big competition right down to opening day.

johnnyangryfuzzball
Quarterback

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:53 pm

LeoNY wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:50 pm
Seattle’s move is the most curious. They must really like Chase Litton. I am not so sure that he is better than Silvers, Callahan or Daniels. That’s going to be a big competition right down to opening day.
I put him in the same category as Phillip Walker, that guy who's been on and off the practice squad but never been able to break an active roster. I'm honestly surprised the Roughnecks didn't go for another QB.

LeoNY
Coach

Post by LeoNY » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:21 pm

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:53 pm
LeoNY wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:50 pm
I put him in the same category as Phillip Walker, that guy who's been on and off the practice squad but never been able to break an active roster. I'm honestly surprised the Roughnecks didn't go for another QB.
I think Houston might be holding out hope for another Quarterback. If not in today’s draft. Then in January before the season starts. I could see June Jones selecting DeVante Kincade since he had him in the CFL but as far as a starter goes. That player could be on an NFL practice squad right now.