LA Wildcats players and coaches already working out together

XFL Football discussion.
LeoNY
Coach

LA Wildcats players and coaches already working out together

Post by LeoNY » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:27 am

I saw this yesterday on Instagram and on social media. It was pretty cool to see Norm Chow coaching up Quarterback Luis Perez as he threw passes to his receivers like Rashard Ross. Nice to see LA getting a jump on things weeks before minicamps start. I know that Cardale Jones has been spending time with Pep Hamilton and his DC coaches. It’s smart for these quarterbacks and the teams to do this.

https://twitter.com/XFLWildcats/status/ ... 35297?s=20

MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Re: LA Wildcats players and coaches already working out together

Post by MikeMitchell » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:57 pm

Everyone of the tier 1 quarterbacks have been in contact with their coaches and have been diving into their playbooks but actually working out on the field with teammates is very positive. Nice to see that chemistry and work ethic being developed early. No CBA rules restricting XFL players from doing this, so why not.

Firecop
Running Back

Post by Firecop » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:30 pm

Regarding Mike's comment regarding there being no CBA, I had been wondering about that. No Player's Association, no rules or restrictions on workouts and practices. If the league is successful, I wonder how long that will last?
Direct from the Dragon's Lair

MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:51 am

Firecop wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:30 pm
Regarding Mike's comment regarding there being no CBA, I had been wondering about that. No Player's Association, no rules or restrictions on workouts and practices. If the league is successful, I wonder how long that will last?
Let’s hope it gets to that point.

Luis Perez is already under league contract but players like Rashad Ross are not officially signed yet. There is always a risk of getting injured in these workouts. It’s great to see Norm Chow with Perez working. Luis is far from a developed product. Last year in the AAF was essentially his rookie season as a starting quarterback. LA has some good weapons for Perez to work with. This is encouraging if you are an LA fan.
Last edited by MikeMitchell on Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GregParks
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:55 pm

MikeMitchell wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:51 am
Firecop wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:30 pm
Let’s hope it gets to the point.
True. It would be a good problem to have in that the league would probably be sustainable at that point.

I know it's a little thing, but to get pictures of actual players working out in actual team logo gear...it's pretty neat.
@gregmparks