Number of XFL draft picks signed by NFL teams

XFL Football discussion.
LeoNY
Coach

Number of XFL draft picks signed by NFL teams

Post by LeoNY » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:14 pm

I saw today that the Falcons are working out BattleHawks kicker Elliott Fry and Younghoe Koo. They are looking at potential replacements for Matt Bryant.

I also read from Mike Mitchel in his DC draft review article that the list of XFL draft picks is growing of players who have signed on to NFL teams.

The ones I have seen so far are Kyle Murphy, Wes Saxton, Corbin Kafusi, James Gauthier, Ishmael Hyman, Devin Gray, Scott Orndoff, Cody Brown, Montreal Meander and Kelvin McKnight.

Greg Parks probably has a great handle on this as well. Parks mentioned some players that are not going to show up and play in the XFL like Corey Vereen and others. Not sure if he can divulge the names of other players who will be no shows.

I saw that BattleHawks pick Dexter McCoil just signed on to the CFL.

GregParks
XFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Number of XFL draft picks signed by NFL teams

Post by GregParks » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:31 pm

I’ve got names updated on my spreadsheet. If they’ve been signed to an NFL team, their names in the draft tab will be bolded.
@gregmparks

LeoNY
Coach

Post by LeoNY » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:49 am

GregParks wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:31 pm
I’ve got names updated on my spreadsheet. If they’ve been signed to an NFL team, their names in the draft tab will be bolded.
Thanks. Great work.

MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:05 pm

You can add Defenders first pick in the D7 phase James Vaughters to the list. He is now back on the Bears practice squad after being let go a few weeks ago. Vaughters led the Bears in sacks in the preseason and was a star player in the CFL. I wrote about this in my DC draft recap. DC has quite a few Bears on their roster. There’s a couple of connections. Greg Gabriel and the Defenders DC Jeffrey Fitzgerald with Bears DC Chuck Pagano.

LeoNY
Coach

Post by LeoNY » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:00 pm

Younghoe Koo who worked out for the XFL at the showcases has signed with the Atlanta Falcons. I am going to have to drop Matt Bryant from my fantasy team. Josh Lambo, here I come.

MGB01
Quarterback

Post by MGB01 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:22 pm

It would have been funnier than hell if the Seahawks had just up and traded Rashaad Penny today and then brought Christine Michael back for a second time/third stint. Of course Pete Carroll would have probably been questionable for Sunday due to possible injuries from a mix of arrows and chickens thrown his way in that case :D

LeoNY
Coach

Post by LeoNY » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:36 pm

The number is up to 13 now. Draft Diamonds has also been keeping a list of XFL drafted players on NFL practice squads.

https://twitter.com/DraftDiamonds/statu ... 57056?s=20

MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:03 pm

Battlehawks
C Tyler Gauthier-Patriots
DE Corbin Kaufusi-Jets
TE Wes Saxton- Redskins
WR Ish Hyman-Bucs
P Jack Fox-Chiefs
Defenders
OL Kyle Murphy-Texans
LB James Vaughters- Bears
Guardians
WR Quadree Henderson-Panthers
Renegades
WR Kelvin McKnight- Broncos
DB Montrel Meander- Browns
Roughnecks
WR Devin Gray – Falcons
S Trae Elston- Saints
Wildcats
TE Scott Orndoff- Eagles

We are about to enter the third quarter of the NFL season. The trade deadline just passed. Players are coming off of PUP and Injured lists. There are still veterans hanging on for some late spots.

So the talent pool in the supplemental draft before minicamps might be different for the XFL. 295 nfl roster final cutdown cuts were a part of the XFL draft. 209 got drafted. For all the invites that get made public They are a bunch that don’t and there are on-going negotiations with players and agents right now.

It is encouraging to see XFL drafted players on NFL practice squads. There are actually more right now than there are AAF players in the entire NFL.

MGB01
Quarterback

Post by MGB01 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:36 am

James Vaughters had 13 snaps on defense/ST yesterday, that put him in the clubhouse lead?

LeoNY
Coach

Post by LeoNY » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:32 am

MGB01 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:36 am
James Vaughters had 13 snaps on defense/ST yesterday, that put him in the clubhouse lead?
He just got cut again. Vaughters could be headed back to the PS.