Prediction:Neither Manziel or Kaepernick will play in any league

XFL Football discussion.
Joker
Receiver

Prediction:Neither Manziel or Kaepernick will play in any league

Post by Joker » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:03 am

Kaepernick is asking to be signed by the Miami Dolphins after winning a lawsuit and being refused a 20M salary by both the AAF and XFL? I highly doubt any NFL team will want him back.

Manziel is so damaged, even the attention starved AAF won't sign him? The XFL will surely come to the same conclusion.

We keep hearing news tidbits about these two guys, but that's all it's ever going to be... passing headlines. There is no way either of them will throw a football again.

steinerfhc
Receiver

Re: Prediction:Neither Manziel or Kaepernick will play in any league

Post by steinerfhc » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:11 am

Honestly don't think they will either. I don't know why anybody would want Manziel being he can't be trusted. The man burned every bridge he gotten so why would you want him at the most important passion on your team. He is that good of a QB IMO he isn't worth that headache and I don't think he that great to begin with, not enough proof that says that.

Colin, good luck getting that paid day when you haven't play anywhere in several years. Last time he did play, he lost his starting job, so why people think he that great? Take away the whole story about being black balled and look at him as a player. Is he really that good of a player. Someone said he was elite, based on what? One year he lead a team to the SB, and what he do the next year? My point.

Yes at the XFL level he can get a starting job but the issue with Colin, he still thinks he at Super Bowl year level of a player. At this point he has to prove himself like everyone else. Manziel I wouldn't trust him keeping a house plant alive for a week, let alone head my football team at QB.

I don't see either one going either. The only one that could would be Colin but he needs to be more realistic with his price if he serious on playing again.

mnelson
Receiver

Post by mnelson » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:07 pm

Without some interesting news from the XFL all we have is media pondering whether these players will be hired. I agree that they probably won't get hired by anyone.

mnelson
Receiver

Post by mnelson » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:44 pm

Oops... spoke to soon.

Johnny Manziel signs agreement with AAF
https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2019 ... -with-aaf/

steinerfhc
Receiver

Post by steinerfhc » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:45 pm

So how long you think before the team he goes on kicks him off for doing something stupid. It as been the trend.

mnelson
Receiver

Post by mnelson » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:53 pm

Seems inevitable.

The saga continues.

MikeMitchell
Coach

Post by MikeMitchell » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:14 pm

Joker wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:03 am
Kaepernick is asking to be signed by the Miami Dolphins after winning a lawsuit and being refused a 20M salary by both the AAF and XFL? I highly doubt any NFL team will want him back.

Manziel is so damaged, even the attention starved AAF won't sign him? The XFL will surely come to the same conclusion.

We keep hearing news tidbits about these two guys, but that's all it's ever going to be... passing headlines. There is no way either of them will throw a football again.
I knew Manziel would get a shot with the AAF or XFL. He really wanted the XFL but I am not so sure that the feeling was mutual. One of these poor drawing AAF teams could use a shot in the arm. Looks like it's The Memphis Express. Who have 4 games left on their schedule.

Joker
Receiver

Post by Joker » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:22 pm

Apparently Manziel will throw a pass as a Memphis Express QB, and my prediction is wrong.

We will see how this goes...

MikeMitchell
Coach

Post by MikeMitchell » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:00 am

Joker wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:22 pm
Apparently Manziel will throw a pass as a Memphis Express QB, and my prediction is wrong.

We will see how this goes...
It was pretty brave to state that Manziel was never going to get another shot. So I give you credit for that.

In a normal league. Johnny Manziel wouldn't start this coming weekend. Manziel would need time to pick up the offense, but Memphis has an injured starting QB. They don't want to go back to Hackenberg. The team is 1 and 5 and needs a jolt. So he's going to get a shot pretty quickly. How ready will he be and how well he performs remains to be seen.